Brigh · 39413

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #45 on: November 14, 2006, 03:49:00 pm
Quote from: Saxif
Sorry still digesting that post of Eko's!!!

Nah seriously though I have been v busy, am gonna try and install WoW and DL all the patches and find all the appropriate add-ons on Thursday but tbh the thought of going through all that sucks ...

I'll try and log on Friday to play if I manage to sort it all out.

Sax.

p.s - Still trying to find time to play NWN2, am kinda enjoying it but have only played a few hours so far ...

I wouldn't worry about add-ons at the moment - I only use CT_Raid and Titan but with the patches coming up soon who knows if they are still going t function correctly :P

When I had to reinstall I just installed in the game and then ran the updates at night and it was ready for the morning :D

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #46 on: November 14, 2006, 04:39:53 pm
Nah seriously though I have been v busy, am gonna try and install WoW and DL all the patches and find all the appropriate add-ons on Thursday but tbh the thought of going through all that sucks ...

Your best bet is to grab the 1.12.0 standalone patch:  
http://uk.gamespot.com/pages/gamespace/download.php?pid=534914&sid=6156159&mode=latest

It's 465MB but once downloaded saves heaps of messing around with sub patches. Then all you need is the small 1.12.1 update and you're good to go.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #47 on: November 14, 2006, 05:06:39 pm
Cool, dl that tonight whilst I am out then.

Cheers Cern.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Darkly

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #48 on: November 14, 2006, 07:22:02 pm
Same here, really, just been dead busy lately... only games I'm playing atm are the ones I'm reviewing...

Hopefully I'll be able to sort summat at the weekend.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #49 on: November 15, 2006, 12:09:52 pm
Ok, WoW is re-installed and the patch dl'd, just got to find some time to play now :)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #50 on: November 15, 2006, 01:42:07 pm
Ok, WoW is re-installed and the patch dl'd, just got to find some time to play now :)

Yay Saxif \o/

I'm not on tonight as taking up golf lessons  :eek:

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: November 15, 2006, 02:34:40 pm
cool sax, and d+g will be nice to see ya, but no rush (expansion doesnt come out until mid-jan though a cool pvp patch coming in around/just before christmas)

Brigh, dont take up golf, it will sap your life, money and give you 200% increased GF agro :)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #52 on: November 15, 2006, 02:51:12 pm
Quote from: Lasiien
cool sax, and d+g will be nice to see ya, but no rush (expansion doesnt come out until mid-jan though a cool pvp patch coming in around/just before christmas)

Brigh, dont take up golf, it will sap your life, money and give you 200% increased GF agro :)

I thought about that so she is coming with me for lessons so either way I win - If I don't take it up but she does then I will have the weekends to myself, if I take it up and she doesn't then she will understand the need to play to improve your game.

Sorted  :cool:

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #53 on: November 15, 2006, 03:28:31 pm
ahhhh, man with a plan indeed :)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #54 on: November 15, 2006, 03:52:58 pm
Quote from: Lasiien
ahhhh, man with a plan indeed :)

I love it when a plan comes together (said in your best A-Team voice)

Darkly

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #55 on: November 15, 2006, 04:41:06 pm
Heh...

"If I take it up and she doesn't then she will understand the need to play to improve your game."

I think that they should put this in the next version of the Oxford English Dictionary as the new definition of optimism ;)

But yeah, golf is terribly addictive. I played for a bit in New Zealand (strangely enough) and can see how people get hooked. Bloody hard to play well though! Or I should say, consistently well (or indeed consistently average ;) )

What's this cool pvp patch then? And how are you finding it back in-game, Las?

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #56 on: November 15, 2006, 04:46:30 pm
I'm sure someone like Cern, Eko or Las will provide more information but in very brief detail they are getting rid of the PVP ranks as we know it.

There will be no more ranks and gaining rep with the diffention factions to get equipment. When you PVP you will get honour points and marks still but you use these to buy equipment, so if you wanted to do you could just save up playing in the BG's and just buy The Unstoppable Force without worring about your rep. This will suit the casual gamer as there will be no lose of rank if you don't play for a few weeks.

Told you it wa brief!

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #57 on: November 15, 2006, 05:06:06 pm
Ye, Brigh sums it up well - it's mostly good for the casual gamer and all the people been playing hardcore 24/7 are not so happy ;) You can read plenty on the wow forums about it all, prolly too much to go into.

Having fun being back but sorta strange as I'm not really playing my main. Because he's so low in pvp rank and reputation its not really worth doing anything other than for fun as the patch is coming (which will wipe that progress - and I'm not close enough to getting anything really). And in terms of items las already has a pretty decent set of items anyway - so mostly just running around on my rogue alt (level 37) at the moment :)

Once you are all in game though am happy to help out on dungeon runs etc though to improve your items a bit and get a headstart on TBC come Jan. And once we get the pvp patch then I am keen to do some pvp :) In general i think this patch and expansion is going to be pretty cool for more casual style play (which after all is probably Blizzards most common customer).

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #58 on: November 15, 2006, 05:35:54 pm
Have heard about this patch from Carcophan and Greggor, it makes it alot more like DAoC which is good.  They are also saying there will be world PvP targets in the Undead zones hmmm Plague Lands, all those empty towers will become targets between Alliance and Horde.

I'll prolly play my Warrior a bit when I come back, and start playing my Warlock to improve items as and when and maybe finish collecting for my epic mount, spells, enchants e.t.c ... god so much to do :)

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #59 on: November 15, 2006, 08:19:12 pm
Yeah should be more DAOC-like in that you'll accrue honour points which won't decay and which you then spend on the gear you want. Much better for the casual gamer, partly because the lack of decay means you can go at your own pace. And partly because you won't have to play a specific BG to get a specific reward (e.g. I love playing AB games, don't mind AV but rarely enjoy WSG so now I'll be able to get the WSG rewards via other means).

Still not convinced the world PvP stuff is going to be up to much, though anything is better than nothing. But Blizz still don't really get it on that front. Have a bit more hope for the new zones in the expansion in that regard.

Once we're all back, look forward to doing some 'old school' runs as a team.