Brigh · 39402

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #15 on: November 01, 2006, 10:51:18 am
Sounds cool, prolly easier to join Legion with you guys tbh, dunno what the others think but seems a better idea to me with us all thinking of playing kinda casual.

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #16 on: November 01, 2006, 01:20:03 pm
Quote from: Lasiien

re: WOW: Alrighty, sounds like we'll all reactivate wow then over the next week or two and have some fun together and see whats changed and take it from there.

Cool - I only activated my account for 1 month but I will chnage it to a 3 monthly thing when it runs out in a few weeks.

So that is Las and Sax back - how about Darkly, Grimly and maybe getting Eko to rejoin the Horde? :D

Anyone know what happened to the likes of Rodox etc ?

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Darkly

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #17 on: November 01, 2006, 01:54:24 pm
Yeah, we'll come back for a bit of a look if everyone else is (and it looks that way :) )

Re: BF2142 ads, I know what you mean, dangerous precedent and all that.... but there's no way they could do it with an RPG though (well, maybe a sci-fi one but certainly not warhammer, it would completely fook the immersion).

Maybe some ads for plat farmers though ;)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: November 01, 2006, 04:50:56 pm
Rodox is still playing I believe, so is Tombad, Paratricia, Ktulu and Khaleb i think for those that remember them. Believe they're all still in PO but i kinda lost touch with them when PO moved their boards to somewhere else. I do not intend to go down the 4-5 days a week 40man raiding type stuff again though no :) So casual kinda guild sounds fine.

Eko never really got going on skullcrusher as he had both alliance characters with roses and was playing horde on some other server, though I'm sure we might see an alt or two of his when he gets bored :)

re: Ads, well yes, but you didnt see ads in quake though did you which was a futuristic sci-fi type thing :) Also why not have RPG type ads - 'pray to the great god intel' etc ;)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #19 on: November 01, 2006, 05:00:31 pm
I hear they are making the new BC raids 20 man so you don't need ubar guilds, which pissed off alot of the pre-made 40 man raid grps as they'll need to split.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #20 on: November 01, 2006, 05:16:56 pm
I do keep an eye out for members of PO but I can't be bothered raiding at all at the moment (just PVP) - I know that legioninc are going to try their hand at the 20 man dungeons but that is about it for now

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #21 on: November 01, 2006, 06:30:37 pm
It's kinda hard for me to join you as I think I deleted my chars on Skullcrusher eventually (were only 18 & 21 anyway). I do have a lvl 43 shammie on The Maelstrom server which is unplayed atm and could be transferred really (need money for my mount though :p).

And afaik the raid instances in tBC will be 25-man, though they might throw in a few 40-man instances, you never know.

PvP will get a big overhaul with the expansion: no more honor grinding for ranks. Instead you'll be able to accumulate honor over time to get PvP rewards, so even casuals will be able to get good gear eventually without having to play 24/7. They're going to add 1 more BG, all tBC zones have some world PvP objectives and they're also introducing arena matches (2vs2, 3vs3 and 5vs5 iirc) which will have the better PvP rewards. They're also working on some sort of matchmaking service so you won't have a PuG of fresh lvl 60's in green gear vs a team of epixed chars, though it might be mainly for arena matches as they want to intruduce a ladder system, etc.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: November 01, 2006, 06:54:27 pm
I'm sure we could have a whip round for a mount if you wanted to transfer your shammie eKo. Less of an issue with shammies anyway thanks to Ghost Wolf. I'm levelling a Priest at the moment (currently 44) though mostly off peak through the Stanglethorn Gankfest levels :D

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: November 01, 2006, 08:45:41 pm
can you transfer between any servers now then ? Cool :) If so, yep we can have a whip round, or at least whip Brigh or something

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #24 on: November 01, 2006, 08:57:09 pm
It's a paying service, but yeah you can transfer chars, not to every server though as can't go from pve to pvp servers, etc.

Damn, been on PvE server so long that going back to a PvP server's going to feel weird. Never liked STV anyway, certainly not on a PvP server :p.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Darkly

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #25 on: November 01, 2006, 10:07:23 pm
Heh, I remember stranglethorn.. I think we spent one evening there and when we'd got that 1st batch of quests finished, never, ever went back ;)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 10:48:01 am
Yeah I somehow went through those lvls without resorting to STV, though I do remember me Las, and a few others getting ganked by a 60th lvl Rogue till we worked out the right tactics and got her off our backs :)

Kinda like the time me and Brigh fought another 60th lvl rogue for possession of a spawn of elementals, that didn't go so well but was still fun  :D

Sax.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #27 on: November 02, 2006, 11:37:17 am
yeah that was fun - prefer the PVP servers but can be annoying sometimes. I found it so much easier to level my rogue than my warrior as I was able to hide like a coward when a load of enemies rode past :)

I think its ?14.99 to move a char from one server to another and it can be done via account management.

The new PVP ideas sound good though - I'm a little annoyed as I logged on yesterday expecting to go up at least 2 pvp ranks as I got close to 140k honour last week and I went up 1 poxy rank!!!

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #28 on: November 02, 2006, 12:35:53 pm
the big question though is - is brigh purple again ? :)

?14.99 - ouchie :) Well up to you eko but would be happy to see ya about

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #29 on: November 02, 2006, 01:44:16 pm
Quote from: Lasiien
the big question though is - is brigh purple again ? :)

Not at the moment - I'm hoping someday they will let us dye our armour - my armour is kinda rubbish anyway so always on the look out for purple items :)