• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #30 on: February 12, 2010, 09:30:25 pm
cheers :)

any tips for lvling? not sure what changed since i played the game.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: February 12, 2010, 09:44:30 pm
Well, Bard is probably the hardest Hib class to level solo via combat (always was, still is). So I would do quests in the Noob tutorial zone until level 8 or 9, then go to the mainland and quest. If you would prefer I can help with a spot of powerlevelling, but you might prefer to get used to the game again first, though by the time you've been through the tutorial zone you should have an idea. Up to you, I'm happy to powerlevel if you would like. Alternatively I can make a new lowbie alt and we can level together, at least up until Thidranki. Will be logging in shortly, can talk about it then.

First plan would be to get to around level 20-24 and go to the Thidranki battleground for some RvR and get used to your toon in RvR again, mezzing and stuff. I can make you up some armour to use in Thidranki. After that level again until 35-39 for the Molvik battleground. Spend some time there and then when you're ready level on to 50.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: February 13, 2010, 03:56:24 pm
hihi Shi :-) Hope you're well !

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #33 on: February 13, 2010, 09:27:54 pm
I found Bards fairly ok to lvling, but then I did lvl a Druid.  Keep your weapon and music high, asusming Music is your insta DD.  Keep getting the next highest lvl of DD as soon as it becomes available.  Doesn't matter if you pick Blades or Blunt at 18 skill you get the next anytime style, so at 18th lvl you want to be picking that up right away.  Keep your eye out for reinforced armour on the Meath merchants from lvl 15 onwards, that'll make a big difference.  I think you get free weapons from your trainer up till lvl 20, so keep picking them up.  I did Catacombs till about lvl 17-ish but be careful some of those mobs in the early zone are tough (mez? damage add?), then went back to Muire for a few lvls, now am lvl 19, will lvl in Muire a bit more prolly, then I think I know a good camp in the SI starter zone near the 2nd town.

Solo lvling is fairly easy, if you can find a small grp it is even faster and more fun, don't worry about anything except getting the lvl 18 anytime style and the dd spells till about 20th or 21st, then put some points into Nurture? for the next Clear Path run thing and a mez that will have a chance of working vs lvl 24 Thid players.  Then you want to get into Thid and get MoP2 and Long Wind 1 as you'll be hitting alot of stuff as you lvl, then head to 39th and go into Molvik until about RR2L1 (ish) and pick up MoP3 and keep going.  You really won't get many grps until you hit 50th, so don't worry to much about buffs or regrowth.  Get some Regrowth items to make your heals more reliable and put a few points into it, but don't worry to much.

I can make some potions that regen End, so will drop a few lvl 10 and 20 ones into Cerns house vault, they are very useful and there should be a supply of buff pots in there also, they will really help you.  They give 50 dex/quick and 50 str/con from lvl 10 onwards and will be a major driving force behind you beating stuff up.  I'll try and kepe the vault stocked, but bit skint at the mo and prolly not on again till Monday/Tuesday.

Hope that helps!

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #34 on: February 14, 2010, 08:31:23 pm
hey Las :)
cheers Sax, lvl 15 now.
we had a nice session with cern on his vampyr, we did the respective bgs and went from lvl 6 to 15 :) , on mobs/albs/mids :)
was great fun
keeeping so far a support spec, and think will do so onwards, hopefully i find company to lvl :)

whats again the nice UI addon to get? da.....? cern mentioned it to me, but i cant find it under useful daoc links thread...
thx!

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: February 14, 2010, 10:05:10 pm
Looks like I forgot to put the Derida's UI link in the sticky section (have added it now).

Here's the link:

http://nsaney.com/download.htm

File you want is Derida's UI 2.51. The download archive will create a folder called custom. Copy this to Dark Age Of Camelot/ui/ folder and then in the game launch options choose custom UI.

Derida's will give you an extra large icon (above your character portrait) where you can set up some of the different options. The main things you get from Deridas is a nice healer's helper, a floating target window and a generally tidier interface. If you aren't so keen on Deridas, try Bob's UI. Other people rate it though I prefer Derida's myself.

http://bobsui.koamon.com/downloads.html

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #36 on: February 15, 2010, 11:06:39 am
Hey Shi

Good to see you are playing again - I've not been around these last few days but I should be around tonight if you need help with anything

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #37 on: February 15, 2010, 06:51:33 pm
Hey Shi

Good to see you are playing again - I've not been around these last few days but I should be around tonight if you need help with anything

Brigh :D

hey hey
feels wierd to feel good to play this oldie game hihi, rly :)
just realised i rolled a class i'm gonna get a full dose of flame whenever my aoe mezzing fails buuhuuuh doh oh well, guess if i was a druid same wud go for rooting hihi
gotta live a responsible life i guess :P

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: February 15, 2010, 08:34:26 pm
MEZZ FFS !!!! :D

Bard is the hardest class in Hib to play, possibly even the whole game. But the good thing about that is no-one moans at the Bard if it all goes tits up because everyone knows how hard the Bard's job is.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: February 15, 2010, 11:12:18 pm
I played Maleg's bard every now and again for our group, I know exactly what you mean as it's such an important role, no pressure Shi ! ;)

Dunno whats worse though, people complaining or the tumbleweed silence of death....

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #40 on: February 15, 2010, 11:14:51 pm

Dunno whats worse though, people complaining or the tumbleweed silence of death....

ugh ahah :)