Daoc Ywain Server

Cernos · 28396

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
on: December 09, 2009, 12:40:56 pm
Well since there's three of us actually subscribed now (Sax, Brigh and myself) I thought I'd create a section of the forum where we can discuss stuff, list our toons and so on.

Currently we seem a bit split between Mid and Hib. As you know I'm well established on Mid, but Sax prefers Hib and is levelling some toons there. I don't mind also levelling up on Hib, but it would be for nostalgia reasons. I don't think there's any point levelling Hib purely because Midgard currently have a population advantage. Players can play all three realms now on the same server so population swings depending on where the relics are (Molvik has been Alb and Hib dominated in recent days but last week it was all Mid). The advantage of Mid is I have plenty of ways to boost us (spare gear, spellcrafter, buffbots etc). Levelling on Hib will be more of a challenge.

Currently I have the following active toons, all level 39: Cern (Runemaster), Cernip (Skald), Sproutacus (Warrior), Botoxica (Shaman). I'm playing them in Molvik with a view to seeing which I prefer the most to develop as an endgame character. You might also see me online on my spellcrafter (Falsebeard) or main bot (Botoxic).

If I start on Hib I will probably make an Eldritch, though an Animist or Luri Hero might also be fun. I'd thought about making a Bard but I think my reactions are too slow these days and I'd just be embarassing and fail to mezz anyone :)

What are everyones plans? How are you finding Hib Sax?

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #1 on: December 09, 2009, 12:47:46 pm
Hey Guys

I don't mind where we play, I have a lvl24 skald which is kitted out with some good stuff as is probably my fav class to play so far.

If we went Hib I would probably go with a blademaster, champion or one of the new classes (tbh don't know much about any of the expansions or the classes) I think - I like to have speed but I guess with the hasteners scattered around the place its not that much of an issue anymore.

I guess with the 5 minute realm swap timer you could easily level up on both realms

Anyone know much about the hib class vampiir? might play that if we moved across to hib :)

Brigh :D
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 02:34:00 pm by Brigh »

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 11:45:04 am
Hey,

I was away for a few days but back now.  I have on Midgard a 24th geared out Thane (thanks Cern ;p) and on Hibernia I have a 33rd Druid who I am currently taking up to Molvik (I had intended to play Thid with him but didn't turn off xp during a keep take and got 10,000,000xp which is >50% at 24th lvl!).  Once I have gotten my Druid to 39th I'll play him and may take my Thane up to 39th also but I dunno how that'll work out.  I did join a guild on Hibernia but don't really know what sort of ppl they are, I was getting to feeling that they are American kids, or most of them are, if so I'll prolly drop from their guild (if this is the case), we'll see.  I'll prolly search to web for a more EU guild at some point, to see what my options are.

I am finding Hib to be fun btw, I have gona through Muire plenty, gone wandering around the Cliffs of Moher, solo'd my way through the Koalinth Caverns and checked out one or two other places, didn't get to check out the area around Howth though and they have changed Connla to a mid lvl zone, though this is where I am xping now. 

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: December 10, 2009, 12:33:38 pm
nice one sax

I leveled my skald up to 31 last night (cheers cern) :)

While we were leveling we discussed about making a hib char and I think Cern is going to make a Luri Hero and I was going with a Luri Champion - on Cern's buffbot account he is going to level a bard I believe for end regen and speeeeeeed :)

If we were going to level up I could easily open another 14 day free trial account and drag a druid around with us for buffs

I suspect once finished we will all have lvl39 chars on both Hib and Mid so can swap around.

On a side note does anyone use Xfire?

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: December 10, 2009, 02:05:02 pm
I've made a Luri Hero, named Cernos (ofc). Just a level 2 placeholder for now, will maybe start levelling him this evening.

I don't have Xfire but could look into installing it. I was also thinking about setting up a Ventriloserver on my web server as this could be useful, especially for RvR.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 02:13:17 pm
aye vent would be even better than sorting out x-fire

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 02:14:35 pm
Sweet.  I am happy to spend a couple hours following you both about making sure your buffed and don't die e.t.c when you play Hib.  Whats the deal with a lvl 3x healing a lvl 1x or 2x?  Does this affect xp?  I might be busy tonight (not sure), but should be free tomorrow and maybe Sat.  Still playing some Civ4, atm I am trying to kick everyones ass on a huge high water lakes map at prince but will try and drag myself away from this and play some DAoC :)

Sax.

edit - I have headphones so can dl and instal whatever.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 02:21:06 pm
I'm around tonight I believe but as its my 30th Birthday on Monday I'm going to busy most of the weekend I suspect getting drunk!

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: December 10, 2009, 02:28:24 pm
Out of combat healing between pulls from a higher level is fine, doesn't affect xps. Healing during combat means zero xps for that pull and usually also causes BAF for the next pull. What I was doing with Brigh's skald last night was using my Shammy bot to root any adds, as rooting doesn't affect xps either, only heals and damage do if the mob cons grey to the higher level (if it cons green+ to the higher level then an xp share occurs, hence powerlevelling becomes possible).

First 10 or so levels can be done in the noob zone and don't benefit much from buffs. But from about 10 onwards it would be nice to have some high level buffs and then can head somewhere like the Shar Labyrinth (catacombs zone).

I'll look into installing a Vent server. Not sure how complex this is, but will investigate.

Brigh, happy birthday for Monday and welcome to old fartdom! :)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: December 10, 2009, 05:41:48 pm
have a good birthday weekend Brigh :-)

p.s. luri champs rock :)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: December 10, 2009, 06:12:15 pm
Good news and bad news. Bad news first: I looked into Ventrilo and found out that I need my web hosting provider to open up a UDP port for it and I don't want to hassle them with this. Good news: I remembered that they'd previously enabled a port for me to use Teamspeak on (I can't just point Ventrilo to this as the freeware version of Ventrilo won't let you change the default port). So, I've got teamspeak up and running instead. I'll post connection details in the members area here.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #11 on: December 10, 2009, 09:33:34 pm
Nice one Cern and happy b-day Brigh :)

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: December 11, 2009, 02:35:22 pm
I just found out that if you visit the NPC Droevig (Royal Accountant) in Tir na Nog palace and click on his "ready" link twice, he will give you two full respec stones for free. I thought this was only for existing 50s but looks like it applies to brand new toons too, as I just got given two full respec stones for my Hero. Very nice. Could be just what you were looking for Sax.

Also, while hanging around in TNN chatting about crafting last night I was lucky to be the recipient of some generosity from an established 50 who gave me a vault load of crafting materials to skill up my trinketing with. Once levelled on these I should be able to salavage stuff up to about level 30x, maybe beyond. So if you have any spare drops (armour & weapons) that aren't good enough to equip and you want converted into gold, pass them to me and I'll salvage and trinket them for you.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #13 on: December 12, 2009, 12:36:44 am
Thats awesome and very lucky/good diplomacy :)

I have a vault load of lvl 31-35 stuff thats no good to me or either of you, mostly cloth and valewalker stuff.  I'll pass them to you next time your on, I still haven't checked your link out to see how easy/hard it is to lvl salvaging but I guess I should make myself more useful and lvl either Scale or Spellcrafting tbh :)

Sax.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #14 on: December 13, 2009, 11:23:20 am
Got given 500g yesterday while helping someone setup a new guild so if you need any money for crafting etc then just ask and you can have it as I don't need it yet.

Is it worth me crafting in something?