Daoc Ywain Server

Cernos · 28394

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: December 14, 2009, 01:38:37 am
Armourcrafting might be worth a shot. I've been keeping an eye on the housing merchants and it seems hard to find scale, either player crafted or drops, for thidranki or molvik. Even if you have the money the gear just isn't there.

No point wearing player crafted gear without spellcrafting to put some stats on it though. I plan to level up a spellcrafter capable of doing thidranki and molvik templates. But this needs more gold than we currently have between us all, so until my salvaging starts to reap returns Aurulite gear looks the best bet.

I dinged 20 on my Hero and also got the Bard up to 20 too. Hopefully we can push to 24 and do some Thidranki runs.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #16 on: December 14, 2009, 04:22:50 pm
Ok will look into armourcrafting as well then.

I dinged 20 over the weekend with my champ so we should hit thid around the same time.

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #17 on: December 15, 2009, 04:24:09 pm
I dropped a msg on the Prydwen boards.  Will have a scout around for a suitable Ywain Hib guild as well, I tend not to think of my current guild as that great tbh.

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #18 on: December 16, 2009, 05:24:13 pm
Spent about an hour or hour and a half scrolling through lists of kit and finally managed to dig out the right few pieces to set me up for Molvik :)

Not sure if I have a good set of kit or I only think I have a good set of kit but it is defineatly better than what I had previously :)

If we're gonna go for some crafts who is doing what?  Cern, I know your salvaging, Brigh you gonna craft armour?  If so I'll start spellcrafting.  Does this sound workable?

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: December 16, 2009, 06:50:59 pm
I'm definitely going to go for spellcrafting, the salvaging is just a means to fund the spellcrafter. I've always had a spellcrafter since Prydwen days, so I know the ropes with overcharging (the art of how not to explode!), template building and the stat and resist caps at different levels etc. So I can get a spellcrafter up to speed nice and quick once the salvaging starts to kick in (getting there).

I don't want to take the wind out of anyones sails, so if you want to also make a SC'er go for it (its useful to have your own for self sufficiency). Alchemy would be a nice alternative to look at (buff pots, healing and endurance elixirs, armour and weapon procs, dyes). I've never tried alchemy so dunno how expensive it is to get to a level where you can make useful stuff.

As for Armour and Weapon crafting, was talking with Brigh about this, and I don't think we can get it to any useful level with the gold any of us have available.

My tip would be for everyone to level the craft skills necessary for salvaging and trinketing as this is independant of whatever main profession you choose anyway (besides I think Mythic changed it so that toons can have multiple professions).

I really don't mind salvaging and trinketing for you (not just saying it) but without a house vault it becomes hard to organise storing and transfering items and so in the long run you will probably find it beneficial to have your own. Salvaging is the best way to create an income before you are able to own a house and have a merchant. Without a house and a merchant it's very hard to make money out of any crafting professions as there's nowhere else to sell items. The exception is spellcrafting but the only money to be made from that comes from doing templates for Thid, Molvik and endgame, and people usually ask for heavy amounts of item overcharging which unless you have SC'ing to a high level runs the risk of explosion, loss of the item and an irate customer  :o

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: December 20, 2009, 02:44:44 pm
This is from today's Hot Fix notes:

Starting today and running through 1/4/2010, all of the realms will be celebrating the season with a 200% bonus to experience and Bounty Points.

Looks like a good time to get some toons levelled up fast if you have some free time over the Xmas hols.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #21 on: December 21, 2009, 07:24:41 pm
Awesome!  :)

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: December 22, 2009, 04:32:28 pm
Just found someone who wanted to do a Alb-Hib plat trade, so I've asset stripped my old alb toons which I havent played since Catacombs release and don't intend to again, dunno what I was ever thinking rolling alb :)

Anyway, got enough plats on Hib now to set up a house and PL a spellcrafter which should make things a bit easier. House warming party invites will be in the post soon :)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #23 on: December 22, 2009, 04:53:20 pm
Nice one Cern - just in time to decorate it for Christmas :)

Should be on again tonight to finish leveling my fotm vampiir to level 24!

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #24 on: December 26, 2009, 04:04:51 pm
Made 24th now, so have a toon for both BG's :)  Though I need to correctly kit my Ranger out still.

Will prolly lvl my Ranger up with both of you guys when your ready though :)

Won't be about tonight but should be knocking around a fair amount tomorrow if anyone is about.

Sax.

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 08:36:52 pm
yo!
well, hey guys :)
cern got me ticking with this daoc resurection thing...
i wanna be sure i dun waste my time...
are 'we' playing Hib then?
id play some healing type rather...
so bard i guess, what ya need most?
if not bard, that wud be then some evil dps class. no clue who wud be that after all these years hehe...
gimme some answers, 30% client dl, got like 1,5hrs to prepare hihi :)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 08:51:18 pm
Hey Shi,

Good to hear from ya!  I have a Druid 50th, a Ranger 39th and am working on a Bard 19th.  Brigh has a Vampiir - dps melee, non stealth but with stealth detection and can climb walls and a Eldy at 39th (I think), Cern has a Hero as his main but also a Bard, Druid, Animist all at 50th.  I guess Bard would be the best choice, even though I have started lvling one, other than that some sort of serious caster dps, Enchanter or Bainshee I think would be good choices, Animists strike me as being better at forting u than roaming.

See ya soon,

Sax.

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 08:58:02 pm
hey hey cool :)
what names you using ingame guys?
id start a bard, been always an alting guy, but no way i keep repeating this anymore heheh... so 1 toon :)

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 09:00:47 pm
and 1 more question:
do i need to craft?
or can i survive without it, matter of getting enough gold to maintain myself... no clue how the game evolved over years, id rather focus on lvling and getting 50 then playing rvr, then clicking round an anvil or sth... :)
no clue, unless it changed and became 'enjoyable' , can always listen to an audiobook meanwhile hihi... (45%)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 09:25:05 pm
Hey Shi,

I just got your PMs but will reply here so everyone can see.

Quick rundown:

* Sax, Brigh and myself are on the Ywain server currently playing Hib. We have Mid toons on the same server as well (this is possible now) but Hib is where we've decided to focus our efforts. We're in Na Fianna Dragun guild which has some folks from old Hib Pryd, plus some new faces.

* It doesn't matter which of the Ywains you roll on, eg ywain1, Ywain2 etc, they are all the same server for PVE and RvR, the only thing it matters for is housing zones (there wasn't enough housing to go round so they sharded it). Since I'm the only one with a house currently and since I can give you access to it, you might be best off creating your toons on Ywain2 to make it easier getting to my house.

* Character names of mains are:
Me: Cernos (Hero), Cerngaric (Animist), Cernow (Eldritch).
Sax: Djem (Druid), Safix (Ranger), Saxon (Bard, lowbie).
Brigh: Brighy (Vampiir), Brighie (Eldritch).

* If you're wanting to make a support toon, I would recommend Bard. Currently we're short of toons with speed, so a Bard would be a big help. Sax was levelling one up but I think its a side project. I have a 39 bard but mostly as a taxi for my mains, I'm more of a dps or tank player than support. So go with Bard.

* Crafting: don't worry about it to start with. I can help you out with some cash to get started. I have a high level spellcrafter and so can make templates, including for endgame.