WOTLK

Cernos · 49660

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: December 08, 2008, 03:01:46 pm
i won't be able to at that time tomoz, but 'tis easy 'cos cern can replace me as dps

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: December 08, 2008, 05:34:51 pm
I wont be around tomorrow night (watching the ch league down the pub) but would prolly pass anyway. I think you're right and I need to take a chill, already let xana and chrono know that i won't be around much till new year (partly cos im away for some of it anyways). Have fun though :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: January 22, 2009, 03:35:18 am
heyyyyya

hows every1 going? :)

just so ya'll know, Carc, Xentimir, ygg and i are still playing regulary on Wildhammer. Raiding, BGing and all round pwing ofc. Have been wondering if any1 else here has had any thoughts on coming back to WoW/wildhammer at some point in the future?

carc said something about seeing Brigh on recently? and Sax has sorted out his HD probs, so will see him logging in now and then. Also a few of us are lvling old 70th lvl alts, so will be ppl around for low instance runs. You were right Las, i've ended up lvling most of my 70's... :P

anyway, hope ur all well, and mabye see u online sometime ;)

Semper Fudge

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #33 on: January 22, 2009, 11:50:58 am
heya Xan :)

I'm good thanks, glad you're doing well and am shocked to see you didn't stick to leveling and gearing out just 1 toon ;p Did you say you were raiding or do you mean carco and xent are? (have you caught the raiding bug then??).

Sax did PM me to hassle me to come back but atm I'll give it a miss, not saying i won't ever come back or anything just work is busy and i don't have the motivation right now tbh, sorry :/ I think you may have some luck persuading eko though as he's constantly bored as usual ;p

Brigh's back playing wow is he? (still playing PS i'd imagine?)

For now i have been playing civ (endless re playability really, I always seem to enjoy it), football manager 09 (Reading are in the top half of the premiership again! :D ) and Mirror's Edge (fun platform game on the ps3, also out on pc now). Though as usual there's not enough hours in the day !

How's everyone else, speak up folks :D

Las

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #34 on: January 22, 2009, 02:59:56 pm
I intend to start WoW again, just got to finish my current Civ game first, World War just broke out and I need to bite off a few cities from the Jap's.  Hmm, though I wanna try and the completed FFH2 mod, the Stone Age mod and the Future War mod for Civ, like Las says need more hours in the day, or to win the lottery and dedicate myself to playing games!!!

Las, did you say Civ: Colonization was crap?

Sax :)

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #35 on: January 22, 2009, 03:41:57 pm
Yer, I found it too hard to get into and just ended up wishing i was playing normal Civ iv. Perhaps if you give it time it might be worthwhile, but the general opinion on civ fanatics forums was it was pretty broken anyway and really needed a patch. It's also much more trade focused and you get your arsed kicked if you go to war :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #36 on: January 22, 2009, 04:30:37 pm
civ talk!

i just started a new game, rly wanna end up winning/finishing one soon :P went random race and got Gengis Khan, so doing some early warmongering with his mounted archers, gave the americains a good hiding ;)

yes i've been raiding on Xanic as DPS, i have -41 DKP :)

my mage is 80th, and rogues 75th atm. they'll be my pvp toons now, as they are both, um, OP!

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #37 on: January 22, 2009, 04:47:55 pm
Currently on a WoW break for a few weeks as I'm pretty busy with work. Before I took a break I managed to help clear Naxx 10 with the Legion Inc folks (tanking with my Pala) and got my Hunter on Wildhammer up to 72 (was a struggle in rubbish gear though and now they've gone and whalloped hunters with the nerfbat). I'd like to resub soon but have promised myself I won't until my current painting is completed. My no-gaming policy has been ruined somewhat by Guitar Hero World Tour on the Wii though :)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #38 on: January 22, 2009, 10:47:31 pm
Evul Guitar Hero!!

Thats not gaming anyway ;p

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: January 23, 2009, 12:20:27 am
Too right, it's totally evul on the higher difficulty settings (and I've played proper guitar for many years, it only seems to help a bit) :)

Evul Guitar Hero!!

Thats not gaming anyway ;p

Sax.

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #40 on: January 23, 2009, 12:36:48 pm
You any good at it then Cern? I suck even on easy mode (not really, except Sweet Home Alabama, grrr). Tried About A Girl on medium once and already couldn't follow :). Tried expert to see it once and let's say I'll never manage to play on expert, that's just bloody crazy stuff. Got it for my Wii as well and it's harder than I thought it'd be :P. The rockstar designer is great though, though I spent way too much money on silly costume parts I never use and now I can't buy the Tool tour, bah. Spent way too much time with it, just ask Las about the CoH character designer and my rerolls ;D.

As for WoW I'm not sure, tempted to play again, but got 6 levels to go + gear up while everyone is lvl 80 already with good gear so will be hard to find parties for heroics, etc. Got time to play now though so might do it, dunno.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #41 on: January 23, 2009, 01:32:34 pm
I am gonna be about this weekend Eko if you wanna duo, or roll through some instances.  I'll be about Sunday night and a bit on Saturday.

Ed.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: January 23, 2009, 03:38:45 pm
I'm getting better, it does get easier if you stick at it.

I've completed everything on Easy mode, mostly with 5 stars. I'm working my way through Medium mode now and I've done about 2/3rds of the songs and managed a few 100%s but mostly get around 90-95% scores.

I can't complete many songs on Hard yet and that's probably the top difficulty I'll attempt. Expert mode is just insane. I figure the time it would need to practise songs in Expert would be better invested into improving my skills on a real guitar :) I like Medium mode because it's challenging but still feels like fun and its possible to sight read songs at that speed rather than have to memorise the patterns.

Sweet Home Alabama is kind of a litmus test isn't it :) I can complete it on Medium but score about 90% and in Hard and Expert mode its just nuts (have you seen the You Tube vids of how it plays in Expert mode? Sheeeesh).

Main problem I have is sometimes my Wii guitar controller starts playing without me touching it and loses me a possible 100% .... well that's my excuse anyway! :)

But you're right, the best part about it is the character designer .... lime green dreads and leather ftw :)

You any good at it then Cern? I suck even on easy mode (not really, except Sweet Home Alabama, grrr). Tried About A Girl on medium once and already couldn't follow :). Tried expert to see it once and let's say I'll never manage to play on expert, that's just bloody crazy stuff. Got it for my Wii as well and it's harder than I thought it'd be :P. The rockstar designer is great though, though I spent way too much money on silly costume parts I never use and now I can't buy the Tool tour, bah. Spent way too much time with it, just ask Las about the CoH character designer and my rerolls ;D.

As for WoW I'm not sure, tempted to play again, but got 6 levels to go + gear up while everyone is lvl 80 already with good gear so will be hard to find parties for heroics, etc. Got time to play now though so might do it, dunno.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #43 on: January 23, 2009, 06:42:18 pm
hehe yeah i remember you and the COH character gen eko :) To be fair though i think it's prolly the best character designer in terms of looks of any MMO out there.

My bro (darkly) has also been raving about guitar hero so i might have to get it, the thing that puzzles me about it is it looks so difficult why not actually learn the real guitar? But i guess you kinda answered that cern, its fun on the easier levels but then just gets stupid ? There are some crazy videos on youtube of people that would prolly make wicked guitarists, kinda crazy really :D

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: January 23, 2009, 07:13:43 pm
Yep that's pretty much the sum of it. Beginner mode is no buttons and just for kids and stoners. Easy mode is instant fun for everyone. Medium mode should be fine for non guitarists with a bit of practise. Not sure how non-guitarists would get on with Hard and Expert mode. However, since its like playing guitar and not at all like playing the guitar all rolled into one, I'd think anyone could reach Hard and maybe even Expert mode with lots of practise. Expert mode you have to ask yourself why would you bother, the same amount of time spent learning real guitar would be far cooler :)

My bro (darkly) has also been raving about guitar hero so i might have to get it, the thing that puzzles me about it is it looks so difficult why not actually learn the real guitar? But i guess you kinda answered that cern, its fun on the easier levels but then just gets stupid ? There are some crazy videos on youtube of people that would prolly make wicked guitarists, kinda crazy really :D