Saxif · 6130

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
on: April 08, 2005, 01:40:03 pm
Looking at the vnboards the US have the latest patch by the sounds of it, and although i relaise we'll likely only have to wait a week, its just so damn frustrating :(

On the bright side i'll be able to lvl that little bit more b4 the serious gankage starts coming into play ...

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Ktulu

Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 01:33:29 pm
Can you post a link of the patch notes please?

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 04:47:16 pm
http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/patchnotes/patch-05-04-06.html

Doesn't make very nice reading if you're a Shaman. Major nerfs to Windfury and Frost Shock.

Windfury is only overpowered if it chain procs (which is what they're fixing). Thing is, if Windfury doesn't chain proc it's a rather weak buff - it's the lottery and fun of getting a chain of procs which makes it a worthwhile buff. Of course, players on the receiving end scream nerf to Blizzard but what they don't see is the many times when Windfury never procs for an entire fight. They're also removing the cool Windfury animation, which really seems like salt in the wounds. Looks like it's back to the boring but steady Rockbiter buff.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: April 11, 2005, 12:50:11 pm
Got to love warrior patch notes - Increase to Thunder Clap !!!

All the other classes get various alterations and we just get that - how about giving us something useful :)

At least they didn't nerf us though so got to be thankful for that

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Ktulu

Reply #4 on: April 12, 2005, 03:51:43 pm
Quote from: Brigh
Got to love warrior patch notes - Increase to Thunder Clap !!!

All the other classes get various alterations and we just get that - how about giving us something useful :)

At least they didn't nerf us though so got to be thankful for that

Can't wait for that new animation :)

Thanks for the link.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: April 12, 2005, 03:57:17 pm
Looks like i got my wires crossed, it'll be a couple weeks till patch.  So that little bit more time to lvl.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: April 12, 2005, 04:04:21 pm
Mostly worried by the talk of a rank 2 pvp reward (rank 2 not being very high at all) being a dispell magic type trinket. It basically means WOTF for everyone (and then UD twice! :)) but can also break poly as well apparently (not so major i guess as poly can be recast straight away) and some other immobilising effects (frost nova, roots i think)

It's on the test server but slightly broken at the moment and lots of talk on US boards about what exactly it's meant to do. If this breaks fear then priests and warlocks are in serious trouble as it's priests only form of defence (on a 30 sec timer) and one of the warlocks main forms.

Although having said all that, it is on the test server and im not 100% convinced what exactly it does do, so we'll see :-)

Oh and Brigh, there are starting be some nerf warrior cries which might cheer you up. Apparently there are some lvl 60 warriors wandering around with some very nice 2h weapons causing mayhem and making rogues scream that they are getting outdamaged ! Again though who knows how much is true :)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: April 13, 2005, 12:21:44 pm
Quote from: Lasiien

Oh and Brigh, there are starting be some nerf warrior cries which might cheer you up. Apparently there are some lvl 60 warriors wandering around with some very nice 2h weapons causing mayhem and making rogues scream that they are getting outdamaged ! Again though who knows how much is true :)

Best get my act together and get lvl60 then :)

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: April 19, 2005, 03:03:39 pm
US patched today, we'll get it Friday.

Keep in mind the honour system will change our server quite considerably. There will be less scope for soloing and I'd encourage people to group up as much as they can.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: April 19, 2005, 03:58:32 pm
<--- Excited, now i only need 6 lvls in 2 1/2 days!!

Regarding what Lasiien said, grp up and stay away from areas such as STV, Hillsbrad, Arathi and other highly contested zones.  It's prolly best where you can to lvl within instances, although watch out for instance campers ...