For when you have a spare 5-10 minutes

Lasiien · 8374

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
on: July 01, 2015, 08:00:56 pm
Totally addictive web game, don't say I didn't warn you :)

http://agar.io/

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: July 03, 2015, 11:47:01 pm
Good fun, although I'm rather crap at it with a top score of 222. I almost managed to swallow France, but got gobbled by Norway :)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 11:02:01 pm
hehe, gets even more fun to shoot the virus things at the big guys and watch them fall apart :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 06, 2015, 11:50:29 am
I stumbled on this abit ago, problem is i don't want to quit when i hit the top, 5-10 minutes ends up 30 :p And hello, been a long time. Hope everyone is well

All i play that consistently now is Hearthstone, i don't know why because it makes me want to jump out a window sometimes. The odd game of sc2, the next xpac will be out soon. I played League of Legends for awhile but that made me want to throw everyone else from a window :p Whats everyone else playing if anything?

If you didn't know Sax is in Sierra Leone testing peeps blood for Ebola, not actually sure how long he's out there for but only been couple of weeks.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 10, 2015, 05:40:27 pm
Yeah it can turn into quite a long game and there's no real end is there? You'll always lose at some point but I often end up just giving stuff away :)

Good to hear from you Xan and glad things are well, I haven't tried Hearthstone at all but i hear plenty of people love it. Playing mostly RPG's still these days (still working my way through DA Inquisition as well as Pillars of Eternity and Witcher 3). I also buy too many games on Steam sales and have a big back catalogue to get through :) So don't really need to buy anything new but still end up doing so :p

I did have a chat with Sax before he went yeah, sounds like an adventure and a bit of a change from the fish ! Hope all is good for him there

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: October 28, 2015, 06:06:15 pm
All was good, very cool and different experience and I didn't get Ebola!  Though I did get paranoia a few times which is almost as bad ;p

Hope everyone is doing well :)

Anyone got any games to recommend?  I am waiting for Warhammer Total War atm, whilst playing Hearthstone and Endless Legend and just started Walking Dead the other day.

The ?50 pre entry Warhammer event seems a bit steep to me, hope the actual game is cheaper!

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 02:59:55 pm
Hey Sax, welcome back ! :)

Still working my way through a host of games that I bought but hadn't found the time to play :) Only real new release I got was SOMA, which is really cool if you ask me (exploration/hide and seek scary game). Most games seem to be coming out with a ?40-?50 price tag these days (on Steam anyway), does seem like fairly rpaid inflation to me ! Was wondering about pre-ordering Fallout 4 but might just wait....not sure yet!

Glad to see you got back ok anyway!

las

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: November 03, 2015, 10:26:47 pm
Welcome back Sax! Glad to hear you're safe and well. I can only imagine the paranoia - my hypochrondriac alarm goes off if someone has a nasty cough behind me in the supermarket queue! :)

I'm currently playing Dragon Age Inquisition and loving it so far. Visually stunning and great story (as expected). There's a few negatives such as the weird jumping physics and truly terrible tactical camera, but overall it's a good game. I know I'm late to the party but I've been waiting for the bugs to be patched and the price to drop (as Las says, game prices are getting crazy for new releases). Managed to pick it up for ?14.99 in the recent Origins sale.

Also been playing some Skyrim. Again visually stunning and the story is interesting (if disjointed) but I've started to run out of motivation to see the story through because the combat is so samey. DA:I has more enjoyable combat. I guess Skyrim is something to dip into from time to time.

Would LOVE to play Witcher 3 but I don't think my PC can handle it. I was about to build a new PC based around one of the new Skylake CPUs but then supply dried up and prices went through the roof. So I'm currently sitting it out until CPU prices get more stable again.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: November 15, 2015, 04:27:13 pm
DA:I was pretty cool yeah, great gfx and story. Found it got a bit repetitive though, but I guess that is because the game was so long. Hard to complain when you can get 80+ hours out of a playthrough!!

For Skyrim look into modding to spice it up a bit. Mods sometimes break things, but some of the highest rated ones can actually give you some more motivation to dip back in. Again I found it hard to complain that a game got 'samey' after I'd played 100 hours :) Still a shame they didn't do a sequel but went into MMO's, haven't been impressed by what I've heard of Elder Scrolls online and not forking out ?50 to find out.....

Did you take a look at Mordheim: City of the Damned (on Steam) Sax? Loooks like it might be up your street. Early access at the moment so maybe just worth watching but might have promise.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 09:59:13 am
Nope, not really looked at Mordheim at all but will have a little ganders now you've mentioned it, regards Elder Scrolls a friend of mine has it and has played quite a bit, I have looked at it over his shoulder and it looks very good but watching someone for 20 minutes and playing it for 20 hours are different.  It feels a bit DAoC and a bit WoW Battlegrounds in places, some dungeons are instance like WoW others are open like DAoC was, his pc is powerful so it looks fantastic and the customization is endless, so no cookie cutter classes or specs; at least he tells me this.  But what he showed me of customisation of your character it really is significant.

I have been sucked fully into Hearthsone currently so playing that on and off almost daily, been at it for a year now, very fun game.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #10 on: November 22, 2015, 11:26:09 am
Thanks for the tip on Mordheim, it's great and while many people compare it to X-Com, it reminds me more of Valkyria Chronicles, mainly because of the 3rd person movement mode. The tutorials are necessary though as the game is hard :).

DA:I was really great, but because I did most of the zone quests before moving to another zone it became too easy. It has a good story and looks great, so totally worth it (especially after a playthrough of 90+ hours).

I didn't like Oblivion, so I never tried Skyrim. I did try Elder Scrolls Online, but I didn't like it much. I prefer Wildstar, which I've started playing again after if went F2P and it's F2P done right, they don't push the cash shop in your face and as you spend money you earn perks like more character slots, joining circles & guild, ... They also retroactively handed out those perks, so I got a lot for buying the original game & subscription time. And as far as I know everything in the cash shop can be bought either with NC coins (bought for real money) or Omnibits (earned in game). After a lot of rerolls trying out different race/class combos I settled on a Draken Warrior which is now lvl 33. Still love the Chua animations, but they can't be warriors :(.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2015, 08:56:35 pm
Hey eko :)

Post us a bit of a review when you've played Mordheim for a week or two, have been wondering about it but didn't commit to buying (i got fallout instead as I found a 20% off code so couldn't resist!!). I see it has actually been released now, when I last checked it was early access and I had an eye on it. I liked warhammer a fair bit when I was a kid but never played this TT game so it's a little new to me. I LOVED Valkyria Chronicles so you've made me even more interested !

Go reroll a brand new Chua alt !!! You know you want to :)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: November 24, 2015, 09:30:24 pm
Just finished Dragon Age Inquisition using a Rogue Archer on Normal difficulty. Such an epic game, really enjoyed it. The final battle was a bit of an anti-climax, but I was massively over-leveled from clearing all the zones and side quests, so it's fair enough. I really liked how they pulled the whole story together going right back to DA:O although I'd have preferred if my world state could have been automatically read from a previous save rather than having to be manually entered into Dragon Age Keep. Minor niggle though.

Some extremely good plot twists that I genuinely didn't see coming, top notch writing and story pacing. I might do another play through on Nightmare difficulty with a tank. But not for a while, after 100+ hours of gameplay I think I've had my fill for a while. All in all a 9/10 game for me, I hope Mass Effect 4 is this good.

What impressed me more than anything is how well the game runs on my old hardware, even at max settings with everything looking fabulous. Just goes to show what can be done with a good game engine and proper polish (admittedly I got the game a long time after launch and they've had lots of time to patch out the worst bugs).

Speaking of game engines and bugs .... Wildstar. I have lots of Signature Status time awarded due to previous purchases, but I've not been playing much. Since the F2P patch the game runs like a dog on my system and it seems to be buggier with every patch. It's never been the best optimzed game, but was at least playable before. Not anymore (for me) sadly. Shame because the core game is a lot of fun, although the endgame will always be too hardcore for my tastes. Might have another look when I get my new PC built.