Eador Masters of the Broken World

Saxif · 16147

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #15 on: March 05, 2014, 08:59:18 am
not yet las - I'm in the final 3 months of my degree so not really playing much apart from the quick blast in Planetside 2

I'm hoping come June time I'll have more time to play, be nice if a new game arrived which we all wanted to play :)

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: March 05, 2014, 07:18:59 pm
Good luck with the studies Brigh.

Not sure what games are launching soon, other than Elder Scrolls Online which I think is due out in April. At first I wasn't that tempted (not a big fan of Oblivion / Skyrim etc) but I hear it has 3-faction persistent world PvP with keep seiges, similar to Daoc. I'm trying to find out more now that the NDA has been lifted - opinion seems to be pretty polarized.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: March 05, 2014, 08:49:13 pm
Yeah, Elder Scrolls kinda sounds a bit disappointing from what i read so far, but as you say it's pretty split opinions.

I did try PS2 again Brigh but couldn't get into it. Just seems the learning curve is more than i remember in PS1 and you are food for everyone else who knows what's what. I realise it's just a case of sticking around and figuring it out but decided i CBA :)

Am looking forward to Titanfall, though that's much more FPS it looks like a game I can play fairly casually and still have some fun. Other than that I'm just working through my backlog of Steam purchased sale games and playing Rocksmith 2014 (which is actually pretty good if you are into guitar, check it out Cern if you can put up with the awful game like interface).

Good luck on the final three months of your studies Brigh :D

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #18 on: March 05, 2014, 10:10:18 pm
I was about to start a discussion about Elder Scrolls, I heard it is good from a friend of mine, an old DAoC vet, though a much 'lighter' player than we were.  I had a pass to play last weekend in the beta but it was a busy weekend for me and I didn't get round to using it, still open beta soon.  My pc is getting a bit long in the toof, wonder how it'll hold up tbh ... never did upgrade it in the end ...

Also good luck Brigh, you actually at Uni?  If so which one and what are you studying?  I am assuming as you have a deadline it isn't Open Uni?

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: March 06, 2014, 12:54:22 am
Same here with my computer Sax. Upgraded a my gfx card a while ago and recently fitted a new SSD, but I have an old Q6600 cpu letting the side down. Doesn't really cut it for gaming anymore. I'd like to upgrade my cpu, ram and motherboard, but all the socket 1150 and chipset compatibility nonsense with the upcoming "Haswell Refresh" cpus is putting me off.

I'd heard about the Daoc comparisons with ESO and the fact that a lot of ex-Daoc devs are on the team, including Matt Firor as producer. I haven't followed any of the development news so I had just assumed ESO would be Skyrim MMO with a PVE focus. So it's a surprise to hear it has quite a strong PvP angle too. But unless I upgrade my PC any mass PvP is going to be an unplayable slideshow probably.

Edit: watched a few mass PvP vids from ESO and the action does seem rather smooth even with large numbers of players on screen. The video reviewers are probably running pretty powerful rigs, but it seems good for a beta.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2014, 05:47:08 pm by Cernos »

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: March 06, 2014, 09:24:28 pm
Careful Cern, I can almost hear you whisper that it might finally be daoc ii ;)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: March 07, 2014, 02:22:13 am
Careful Cern, I can almost hear you whisper that it might finally be daoc ii ;)

Hehe, no, I'm long over that :)

Well almost .... there's always Camelot Unchained ;)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #22 on: March 07, 2014, 08:48:13 am

Also good luck Brigh, you actually at Uni?  If so which one and what are you studying?  I am assuming as you have a deadline it isn't Open Uni?

Doing a ICT degree and yep it's with the OU as I work full time as well it was my only option - add a 7 month old son into the mix and it really drains on any social time :)

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #23 on: March 07, 2014, 10:02:40 pm
Cool, I can't even imagine how tiring all that must be!!  Good luck Brigh :)

Las - You've gone and become a cynic  ;D   What ever happened? ;p

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #24 on: March 08, 2014, 03:45:43 pm
I forgot about camelot unchained actually, looks like they are making decent progress

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: March 08, 2014, 05:24:57 pm
I forgot about camelot unchained actually, looks like they are making decent progress

Yeah, it's looking pretty good. It's DAOC2 in all but name really, probably the last throw of the dice for old school RvR. It seems that they have their priorities right, getting the engine optimised for RvR, taking the best aspects of Daoc and building on them, keeping it focused on the RvR and not getting distracted by what the theme park MMOs are doing.

I think I might make a builders pledge of some sort and get involved in the betas. I didn't pledge for the original Kickstarter as I didn't know if it'd be vaporware or not and didn't have the spare cash at the time to take a punt. But it seems they are making genuine progress and are on schedule, so I think I'll get behind it.

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: March 10, 2014, 09:34:15 pm
Theres a new Thief out, which looks pretty good. But same as whats been said before my computers getting on... especially since i had to downgrade my gfx card :p Last one fizzed so using one from my last computer. Though it doesn't matter, i've sort of given up gaming for now atleast. Multilayer games, no trying to convince myself i'm fine with losing :P Sometimes i don't care, other times a hole might appear in a wall. Not healthy for me, or walls

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: March 11, 2014, 11:44:29 pm
Thief got mixed reviews, so will prolly wait for a sale before I pick it up (though i think i will as i have great memories of the original). As for GFX card can't you 'borrow' Carco's ? (or loot some of his gold!), I seem to recall you doing that once or twice ;)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #28 on: November 16, 2014, 12:45:42 pm
Blackguard is now available in a Humble Bundle deal btw for only $6.13 (along with Tesla Effect, Always Sometimes Monsters, Insurgency, Grid 2, Euro Truck Simulator 2). Pay more than $12 and you get Saint's Row IV thrown in as well. I got 3 keys for Insurgency, so if you're interested, you can claim them here.

Since I was interested in Blackguard and liked the previous Saint's Row games, I payed for the full package. You now get superpowers in Saint's Row and superspeed & superjump are awesome, feels like playing CoH again ;D.

I also got the new Space Hulk (Ascension) game , but it ain't easy, my space marines are dieing in the tutorial :P.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 07:34:50 pm
Nice bundle eko, will give that some thought :) Let me know how you get on with Space Hulk, I got the original last year and enjoyed it - just not sure I want to get the upgrade if you like!