Saxif · 6682

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
on: January 30, 2013, 08:27:14 pm
So I splashed for this when I was feeling a little loose with my cash.  I thought as we hadn't had much traffic I'd review it.

What is it?

A cross between Soulreaver, God of War and Kingdoms of Amalur.  It aims to be a very fighty, combo heavy action game with bosses and slick moves as you run across and up walls.

Is it any good?

It is ok, I think I prefer Kingdoms of Amalur which fills a similar niche, though much less influenced by Soulreaver.

Should I get it?

I don't think so, I'd pay ?6 for it and thats what I value it at.

Is it better than, hmm, Civ 4 for example?

No way, you should prolly go and play Civ 4 again to remind you how awesome that game is, I am!  ;D

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2013, 09:55:49 pm
Yer I did see that on Steam when it was on offer over Christmas, but passed on it (looked a bit too console-ish to me, nothing wrong with that but for RPGs I prefer them a little more in depth). Shame Civ V didn't really cut it as well isn't it, I never got into it!

I'm currently revisiting Skyrim, whilst a bit repetitive and a little unimaginative on lore I'm enjoying some of the sneaky/assassin type stuff. I really like it allot more than Oblivion, though i find they still got the difficulty wrong (everything actually gets way too easy as you level, rather than the opposite in Oblivion !).

I eventually bought the new Hitman at the weekend as Steam had it for a tenner and I couldn't resist, even though reviews suggest I'll dislike it. So I guess when I'm Skyrim'd out that'll be my next game. I have dishonoured to play as well but for some reason am struggling to get into it (every time I play it I think I'd have more fun if I just go back to Deus Ex and play that, the game play is similar but I much prefer the Deus Ex universe!).

Tempted to get Aliens:Colonial Marines when it comes out but mostly just for the hype, I love that film and they're saying they continue the story where you go back to visit Hadleys Hope etc. Sounds cool to me, but I wonder if it'll be light on single player and all about multiplayer gameplay (co-op and pvp) .... so may just wait for a review or two.

Anything else coming out soon I missed?

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2013, 11:47:44 pm
Not sure about soon but they are doing a 3 way Elder Scrolls, Morrowind, Oblivion, Skyrim mmorpg.  Might be good, might give it a look, think it is out end of the year but not really sure.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 11:29:53 pm
Yer, I heard about that but shivver a little at the prospect, I'd rather a single player elder scrolls game than another jumping on the MMO bandwagon. Mass Effect MMO soon also d'ya think ?

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #4 on: February 07, 2013, 11:47:12 pm
I'm actually liking Darksiders 2, it even spurred me on to finish the first game! It is a console game though (playing it with my PS3 controller which is way easier than keyboard + mouse) with some light RPG elements tacked on, but at least I manage to finish those unlike most RPG's (still haven't finished The Witcher 2). And since I disliked Oblivion, I never got Skyrim either.

Not sure if there's much worthwhile coming out soon, I still have more than enough games I've never finished anyway ;).

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: February 15, 2013, 11:10:19 pm
You only like it cos its pwetty :D

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:50 pm
Tempted to get Aliens:Colonial Marines when it comes out but mostly just for the hype, I love that film and they're saying they continue the story where you go back to visit Hadleys Hope etc. Sounds cool to me, but I wonder if it'll be light on single player and all about multiplayer gameplay (co-op and pvp) .... so may just wait for a review or two.

So I didn't wait for a review or two and paid full price........sttttttoooooopiddd ! :) It's a turkey, don't bother...

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: February 26, 2013, 11:01:52 pm
You only like it cos its pwetty :D

At least it is pwetty, unlike Aliens:Colonial Marines :P. I saw several reviews, ouch!

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: February 26, 2013, 11:14:37 pm
yeah, all true :( Expected a bit better from Gearbox but I guess I should have realised most movie license games turn out sucky....

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: February 27, 2013, 08:33:29 pm
Boo!  I very nearly upgraded my pc end of last year.  In fact I tried to buy the stuff for the upgrade from Scan but their system for online buying is a bit shit and I couldn't access any accounts related to me, so I wasn't able to buy stuff from them.  Retarded really.  Kinda glad I didn't, all I seem to play nowadays are old titles and indie games ...

Want a new strat or rpg but they are all so repetitive, am hoping the new NWN is good but might be pwetty instead of deep!

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: February 27, 2013, 08:46:12 pm
Theres a new NWN coming ? Think i missed that, sounds nice. And yeah I know what you mean, found it hard to sink my teeth into much lately, though I did get back into Skyrim for some time but after quite some play it got repetitive again (it's a good game though I still think, might revisit it again at some point). Like eko I did get the Withcer 2 and dig the gfx and the setting but just found it hard to get into.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #11 on: February 27, 2013, 11:30:40 pm
Yeah, might try Skyrim again, or at least look at the various mods for it ... Xans playing it atm.

I am playing Demigod again, dig that game tbh.