Brigh · 21868

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
on: June 29, 2012, 10:54:24 am
Hello all, hope you are all well?

I'm currently playing the whole of the Mass Effect series on PC between going to work and studying online with the OU.

I've been keeping my eye out on PS2 for while and last week I received an email with this link on it...

http://www.youtube.com/user/PlanetSide2/featured

I've been reading up a lot about the changes in PS2 and so far I like what I see, I was always a big fan of the 1st PS so perhaps I'm just looking at this with rose tinted glasses, what do you guys think?

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 29, 2012, 11:56:47 am
I really enjoyed the original PS, even though I mostly sucked at it apart from sniping. Only thing that stopped me playing more was it gave me motion sickness. But modern games seem better at preventing that, so hopefully I can try PS2 when its out. The trailers look good, but I couldn't find any decent gameplay trailers, though I'd imagine gameplay is going to be similar to the original PS with graphical improvements and probably some more MMO type additions thrown in.

Anything with 3 factions gets my vote. Seems this is back in vogue at the moment, with Secret World, Guild Wars 2 and PS2 all being 3 faction.

How far have you got with Mass Effect series? When you get to ME3, make sure to install the Extended Cut free DLC before you get to the ending. Not that this changes the endings in any significant way, but it does at least provide some extra detail and closure to the story.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 06:00:27 pm
Hi Brigh,

Nice to see they don't seem to be bringing back BFR's :) It looks pretty good, though doesn't sound like they've really changed a ton of things (which maybe is a good thing) but just brought it up to date and varied some of the maps a little. And stuff like the customisation is nice (for eko!) but probably not that necessary (and possibly even a little confusing knowing who's on who's side??).

The best thing I think is they are saying it will be free to play, I sub'd to planetside quite a few times but after a month or two always felt that I wasn't playing enough to justify a sub, perhaps this will help and we can dip in and out when we feel the need to get back in our mossie again ! :)

las

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: July 06, 2012, 07:05:31 pm
How far have you got with Mass Effect series? When you get to ME3, make sure to install the Extended Cut free DLC before you get to the ending. Not that this changes the endings in any significant way, but it does at least provide some extra detail and closure to the story.

Finished them all but currently replaying again from ME2 so will make sure I download the added content.

As for PS2 - I'm really hoping they don't spoil it with BFR's (from all accounts I think they know the mistakes which were made last time and hopefully won't repeat them).

The ability to just pop in and out has always been the main plus for me as I just don't have the time to dedicate playing online games for a long period without a lot of forward planning!

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #4 on: July 08, 2012, 08:41:13 am
Hey Brigh,

PS2 looks good, really enjoyed the first one, but the subscription was a bit much. Good to see PS2 won't have that, just hope they won't make all customization payable, let alone some weapons. It does indeed look they aren't changing all that much (not necessarily a bad thing).

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Evander

• Ravens Member
  • Shut Yer Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: July 23, 2012, 12:10:34 am
Hey All,

Hope everything is ok :)

I'm currently in the tech test for PS2 as of last week and all i can say is it still needs some work for so far is going to be awesome. Is deffo a game i think i maybe able to stick with and help me with resisting going back to WoW.

VANU ftw!

Currently playing Swtor & BF3 waiting for Planetside 2
WoW - Inactive (To many level 85's)
DAoC - Inactive
Evander - Druid - Level 50
Evand - Enchanter - Level 50

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 08:08:32 am
Hey Evander

Great to hear from you - will hopefully see you on the battlefield although not sure which side to play, tempted to try VS as I played TR and NC heavily in the 1st game!

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 10:38:40 pm
/wave Evan :) Vanu FTW !!!!

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 10:27:01 am
Signed up for the beta while looking at the link and got my invite for the closed beta yesterday. Didn't play yesterday, but just had a look and the starter area does look the same as in PS1, except with updated graphics. Will try to get some playtime this evening and keep you updated (even though there's an NDA) ;D.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 11:16:28 am
glad you posted about this Eko, just checked my email and noticed that my Beta invite had gone into Junk mail so will download tonight and try and get on :)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #10 on: August 22, 2012, 07:44:35 am
Played a bit last night (Elani - VS - EU Beta 01) and didn't have a clue what I was doing ;D. Got killed a few times, managed to kill myself and think I killed someone else as well, but was just running around like a headless chicken. Guess I'll have to head to the beta forums for a little guidance :).

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: August 22, 2012, 10:54:51 am
hehe, sounds like fun :) Glad you joined VS as well, hope they are still suitably purple :D

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 05, 2012, 08:57:42 pm
soooo..whatssit like then folks ?

They are offering an 'alpha squad' thingie I might take up as they don't seem keen to give me a beta invite. I'm kinda shocked as well that not only will PS2 be F2P but also there won't be a box cost? Can only assume you'll have to pay in other ways to compete (hope not?).

This alpha squad thingie seems to be that you fork out some wonga but they give it to you back with in game currency, wondering if it's worth doing (and on the plus side I get to play the game.....weeeeee!).

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #13 on: March 17, 2013, 12:52:46 pm
anyone planning on playing this?

I've just downloaded it and going to give it a blast to see what it is like

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: March 17, 2013, 02:00:31 pm
I don't think my PC can handle it. I'm hoping to upgrade later in the year, so will take a peek at PS2 then. If you play it, let us know how it measures up to the original.