Guild Wars 2

xann · 4950

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
on: August 19, 2011, 07:42:24 pm
I've seen some of the trailers from Gamescon, and i like the look of this. I never played the first one so i know nothing of the Lore, but the races look cool, the gameplay seems pretty good... ofc these only pre beta trailers atm. I've heard the're really trying to take the genre in a different direction, but haven't looked into it much yet.

Anyone play the first game before? and are you keeping an eye on Guild Wars 2?

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2011, 11:05:17 pm
I've been keeping an eye on GW2 ad it's showing some promise, not least for a 3-faction pvp/rvr system (finally!). I didn't play the first one much due to too many other rival MMOs at the time, but I hear there's not a lot of similarities between the original GW and GW2, they really are starting from scratch and trying to do things differently. How it will all pan out when the men in suits get their hands on it, we'll have to see, but the devs seem to have good intentions.

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 09:40:33 pm
No Subs is always going to make it more popular too. I like the look of this Action type mmo style, and the diversion away from the holy trinity.

Different topic, i've played the Demo for Warhammer 40k:Space Marine, and i rly enjoyed it... if the demo was this good i'm looking forward to the actual game. Its like a 3rd person hack'em/shoot'em up, Total mayham and carnage... For The Emperor!

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: September 19, 2011, 08:34:07 pm
i played GW.
it's a bit weird playstyle if you played Wow, control wise, but the world looks nice, the game was nicely made.
im willing to get into it if you guys planning too, my main pb with it was the fact of WoW being around the corner or allrdy there, and the fact you cant play 2 mmo types at the same time, and also , well, wow rocked back then, now it's no more threat to my choices for gaming :)e
it was rly pvp oriented, with funny way to make builds etc, might be HUGE fun if played with mates

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 19, 2011, 08:44:31 pm
Wait a second... whats "WoWe"? :o

From what u said... it sounds like sumthing to do with Vanilla WoW?

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:49:34 pm
hehe oops nah my keyboard is behaving weird since i poured a cappucino on it :)

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #6 on: May 12, 2012, 01:48:46 am
think this one is worth a solide bump :)
with Cern we participated in the closed beta weekend (as preorder owners) and impressions are GOOD!
we even got a serious withdrawal feeling hehe
GW2 seems to bring lots of new, even groundbreaking on the mmo table.
No end game raiding, PvP DAOC styled, no class "holy trinity"  (tank/dps/heal) + many lil improvements
I leave to Cern to elaborate if he feels like to, since he's way better in it than me.
:)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: May 13, 2012, 11:58:38 am
Cool, maybe I might pick this one up :)

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>