Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
on: January 08, 2011, 01:13:14 am
lol.....just lol :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8h1chd0Dfw

p.s. get beer / cup of tea, whatever, it's 25mins :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 02:24:42 am
lol

This made me watch the 1st one and Zinwrath again, clever stuff.

Doesn't tempt u at all Las hmmm??? back to the darkside? :P

Me n' Carc are still playing regular now, dragged us back in ;)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 12:04:29 am
just when i thought i was out..... they pull me back in!! ;)

Nah not really Xan, I'm sure i'd enjoy it for a while but I've realised I can't really play these games casually (the carrot on the stick is always too tempting) and I still don't see any originality. It's all a bit like groundhog day and all i started to see was the grind :)

Are you guys having fun though ? Sure would be interesting to see Azeroth redone and fly around it a bit. But i bet you have to get a shitload of cash to earn that right ? :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 06:23:23 pm
Yeah am enjoying it atm, might be because warriors are having their fotm time tho.. :)

Flying in Azeroth costs 250gold, even i could afford that.

Alot of Cata's new content is the redesgin of the old world, that includes the quests. I've been leveling a Dwarf Shaman, 44th atm, and its all very different.

But once you've dug through the new shine its still the same stuff with the odd new mechanic. Like u said u'd prolly enjoy it for abit then get bored :/

PvPs got better since WotlK tho, and thats what i'm manily doing ofc. Rated battle grounds look fun but haven't touched them yet, need to find some guild to do premades with. And then theres Arenas, don't have to do 10 anymore to get points, as soon as u win one u get them, and the amount you get depends on ur rating... definatly a better way of doing it.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 11:23:02 pm
I haven't watched your link yet but will eventually!

I am in the same boat as you Las, want to play WoW but don't think I can afford the time, though I was never quite as hardcore as you (or Cern or Eko).  I am playing Demigod atm for a bit of light relief :)  Finally got fed up with Civ when I realised I couldn't get past Monarch, I just don't see the code the way Neo does ...

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 11:38:08 pm
It kinda is the same old in a new package, though the revamp of Azeroth is really cool, I enjoyed levelling a dwarf shaman & goblin warrior more than levelling from 80 to 85. It doesn't take long to level, but to me it more felt like something to get out of the way so I can start raiding. But first you need to run normal instances & heroics & get rep rewards ... Hmm, where did I hear that before?

Goblins are uber cool though, from the starter town/quests to their emotes/dance :). Been duo'ing a goblin warrior with Yggy who's playing a goblin shaman, now lvl 66.

It's not bad at all, but it also hardly brings anything truly new.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2011, 07:52:08 pm
Yarp figured.

Might try Warhammer 40K when it is released, though tbh there is an untapped set of mmorpgs that haven't been tried by any of us due to lack of advertising, I bet some of them are amazing!

Sax.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2011, 08:33:27 pm
I have decided to give the PvP gank fest that is Darkfall a try as there is a 2 week free trial.  As long as I get time I am gonna download it on Friday evening ... will let you know what I think :)

Sax.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 08:32:48 pm
aye, let us know what you think, got really slammed in reviews but still seems to have a small following that really love it. At least they tried to be a bit different i guess !

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:25:23 pm
It has been out for awhile so alot of bugs are bound to have been ironed out and things should be running smoother than at release.  I also want to try

Atlantica Online

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/346/Atlantica-Online.html

Atlantica Online is a Free to Play / Item Mall based MMOG by NDOORS Interactive. The game features traditional JRPG-styled turn based combat (a'la Final Fantasy) and allows players to assemble groups of up to 8 player-controlled mercenaries to utilize in battle.

Apparently it is very good and turn based strategy group combat with PvP does sound like fun.

I changed my dates around, I'll prolly download Darkfall next Monday as am busy this weekend and want to make the most of my free time :)

Sax.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #10 on: January 24, 2011, 04:27:59 pm
Hope everyone is well?

Keep us updated Sax - I was going to look into Darkfall but never really got the chance due to doing Open University courses alongside working 37 hours a week!

Now Uni has finished for a while I'm back on WoW - although I haven't got catalysm yet I'm using this opportunity to level all my chars to 80 (well 4 of them) and then use the rested bonuses to level them all to 85.

Although I plan to do zero raiding I do plan to try and do as much PvP as possible as I've always enjoyed that side of games.

I'm not sure I will bother starting another character to see the new content - will just fly over and have a look about!

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: January 24, 2011, 06:40:44 pm
what no goblin yet brigh ? :D

Good to hear from you, hope the OU stuff all went well ? Once you do get into Cataclysm let us know what you think (about the pvp especially, though i doubt it's changed that much from what Xan said!).

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #12 on: January 24, 2011, 09:46:25 pm
Nope no more alts :)

Decided to go back and finish leveling my original warrior - although no purple pants anymore he does have a stylish lime green shirt!

I certainly will - I've ordered catalysm today so I can activate my account and get my chars logged on to gain some rested bonus :)

I've also merged both my accounts and now you can play Horde/Alliance on the same server it works well

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: January 25, 2011, 12:20:17 pm
So are you on Thunderhorn, Wildhammer or gone back to Skullcrusher like Xan?

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #14 on: January 25, 2011, 12:40:21 pm
Thunderhorn with Eko and the rest of the Roses of Dawn so some old faces still on there.

I suspect I do have characters on Skullcrusher and Wildhammer still but probably none higher than 50

Brigh :D