DDO

xann · 4492

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
on: September 08, 2009, 10:21:28 pm
dnd online is free to play from the 9th september, was thinking of having a go, just for the sakes of it being free :)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: September 09, 2009, 11:43:16 am
Done a quick google and it sounds strange, think this is more a marketing push and you'll find what you can actually do in game is quite limited if you don't pay. But maybe take a look and let us know ? :)

I enjoyed DDO but i really think it felt more like playing NWN with your friends rather than an MMO. When we did groups with random people the rushing mentality and 'open this!'.. 'come here!'... 'secret there!' always kinda spoiled it for me. plus the other fact that if you weren't a 2H fighter then you were pretty much a gimp (eko!) :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: September 10, 2009, 12:52:15 am
From what i can tell, every1 is in the same boat, Free-to-Play accounts are the normal playing field, but you can buy "Turbine Points" to unlock other content (like Drow, a new class, more characers, items etc) you can also earn these "Turbine Points" buy achieving quests n'stuff in game. I'm not rly sure whats been changed or added since you guys played, but it seems a v.good polished game with decent enough graphics to be free play.

The only problem is its not a MMO, like you said, its multi player Never Winter Nights.

PS. Have you played Icewind Dale? deffently the best computer single player rpg i've played

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: September 14, 2009, 01:41:36 pm
i didn't play it no, though i remember allot of people raving about it at the time (wasn't it a follow up to Baldurs gate or something? And why isn't Baldurs gate your favorite? ;)) I was too busy playing FPS games like quake2 back then, before my DAOC days :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: September 14, 2009, 10:00:21 pm
It was a stand alone game thats had its own follow ups since, and it blows Baulders "yawn" Gate out of the water ;)

atm i'm playing Batman:Arkham Asylum, i'd rate it 9.99/10

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:37:01 pm
atm i'm playing Batman:Arkham Asylum, i'd rate it 9.99/10
Hehe, I agree and so does Las I think, it's an awesome game :).

As for DDO, if people want to replay it I'll join, but we'd need a full party for it so we can explore and play it at our pace.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism