Empire: Total War

xann · 4090

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
on: August 26, 2009, 06:43:47 pm
any1 played this?

I just got it, but haven't had a chance yet 'cos of that "amazing" product Steam... couldn't finish installation 'cos the CD key code that came with the case was a duplicate and had apperntly already been used on Steam. So i've had to scan in my reciet and code to open a ticket on their support site, so they can transfer the code to my account and i can play the damn game i just brought, bit annoying

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 10:27:08 pm
how badly do Steam suck? i've browsed aload of threads about the problem i've got with the CD Key, and ppl have gone months without hearing back from them... can't get a full refund cos the case is open, so... RAAHHEWR!! /rage

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 08:42:54 am
Yeah i know exactly what you mean. I remember buying Half Life 2 on a friday really anticpating playing it that weekend, and because of problems with Steam i couldn't get it working at all until the week after. Such an anit climax and very frustrating because you know you've got a legal copy.

Seems the best way with Steam is just to buy it and download it direct from them.

Hope you get it working soon

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2009, 06:14:51 pm
Well the whole thing was abit annoying, you should just be able to buy, install, play from a shop really. But i have to say Steam responded fairly quickly and its now sorted... Dunno what the people in all threads i read were on about, not getting a reply for months, the nubs prolly didn't open a ticket properly ;)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: August 29, 2009, 08:44:43 am
Nice, let me know what you think of it. I got it but haven't played it much, dunno just can't seem to get on with rifles and stuff (I much prefer Medieval or Rome Total War)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 03:52:34 pm
Its fun, but the grand campgains look daunting, but i guess i thought Civ4 was to big the 1st time i played it

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 10:49:10 am
I don't think it's ever been as good as Civ really, and this version whilst adding some more depth is still kinda basic in comparison. I think my perfect game would actually be Civ but where you can fight the battles as per total war, though imo they never achieve this (prolly cause Total War is looking for a slightly different audience?). I don't really get on with the rifles though as i said earlier in this version, the troops seem to have stupid AI and the guns seem to do very little damage. I guess thats realistic for the time period (as some of the first guns were really 'hit and hope' and there was less aiming n stuff), maybe you have to research better guns before they become effective? not sure i cba :)

The ship battles are initially amusing but they wear off a bit for me

Roll on Civ 5 ? :)