Chelsea v Barcalona

xann · 3514

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
on: May 06, 2009, 11:54:12 pm
ehhhhhhh????!!!!

if that ref WASN'T bribed, then hes a very "special" man...

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 12:58:48 am
Stunningly poor refereeing, I don't think I've seen worse in a long long time. Even if you disregard the two penalties that could have been given for players being wrestled to the ground and the 'Drogba factor', the two handballs were about as clear cut and blatant as you'll ever see, especially the Picquet one.

I'm still smarting from the Arsenal result last night. But at least the Gunners only have themselves to blame ... mostly. The referee was really poor in that match too, far too many soft free kicks were given to Man U (most 2 year olds are more stable on their feet than Ronaldo) and the sending off was shockingly harsh.

When you consider what's at stake financially in these matches, well you just can't rule out corruption. At very least it seems someone at UEFA had decided they wanted a Man U vs Barcelona final and the refs had been asked to "make it so".

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 03:02:12 pm
indeed, how can 2 such poor ref's be picked to oversee the semi-finals of the biggest club football Tourney in the world...

Annoying to that i think Chelsea could beat Man U, but Barca don't stand much of a chance imo. Another cup for the red scum :P

But nevermind ;P aslong as Leeds win the play-offs(3rd time lucky..) 1 step closer to Premership.

2nd leg at Elland road has already sold out, 37'000...
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 03:31:20 pm by xann »

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 12:51:11 pm
well, Barcalona Champions of Europe, thanks to a poor man u preformance and a norwegian refere. Can't say i'm to upset by it tho ;)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: May 28, 2009, 08:18:53 pm
Only one side turned up on the night, fair result. The Chelsea match aside, Barca took everyone apart enroute to the final so they deserve it. Shame the final was a non contest though.