The Wire

xann · 3252

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
on: February 24, 2009, 02:54:36 pm
hey

caught the 1st episode of The Wire on sky recently, dunno if it was just a one of thing or the channel is planning to show the whole thing, but was wondering how many seasons there are, and if its finished or is there a new series being shown/written as we speak?... or type :)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 03:17:58 pm
Heard it's a good series, but I've never seen it, got enough to watch still. Afaik the series is finished and has 5 seasons with the standard 13 episodes per season.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 09:46:29 pm
It's a great tv series, though i think i prolly had said that to you already Xan a while back ?  I love the way it paints an entire city with all the good people and corrupt people without being black and white about it like most tv series (e.g. some of the worst corruption is amongst the city officials and police). It's tough to follow at times especially though because plenty of slang is used and for some episodes you practically need a Baltimore street slang dictionary :)

As eko said there are 5 series and it has now finished, 12 episodes a season.

...and yeah xan, i still gotta get around to the soprano's :)

Maleg

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 12:39:33 pm
Watched first two series, it's a good show but I never really got into it.  Have them on DVD if you want to borrow them - Amazon were doing them reallly cheap at one point (like ?10 a series)