Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
on: October 03, 2007, 09:48:27 am
I want to play WoW ... meh

Moved into the house ok, but having to splash out ?130 to get a phone line installed which bites ... Set up my pc but lost a 1 output to 3 input lead for my 5.1 surround sound speakers which is proving problematic, can't even find something appropriate on scan.co.uk ... though I do have another box or two to unpack (X's fingers).

Hows gaming?  I hear your lvl'n a mage Las ... why not continue your rogue? everyone else is at his lvl now  :)

Killed Gruul again? Started on any other 25 mans?

Anyway, I know theres a loop out there, so keep me in it :)

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 11:38:44 am
Hello mate,

Glad your move went well, apart from the lack of internet !

25 mans haven't made much progress, both Gruul's got cancelled (one had too many healers, one not enough!). Think mostly people are looking forward to patch 2.3 and ZA, as we can handle 10 man raids better it seems, though hopefully we'll get to go SSC again soon.

Eko's pally and Xan's rogue hit 70 (think you may have been around for eko's ding?). Eko is gearing up nicely with tank gear :)

I am starting to level a mage yeah, seeing how it goes. Whilst the rogue is okay the main reason i picked rogue at the time was because it was a pvp server, and i could be sneaky and all that. That reason has kinda gone on a pve server so gone back to the class i originally rolled at release and always wanted to try :) They are also saying with patch 2.3 levels 1-60 get an xp boost (50% more), so i figure now's the time and maybe i'll catch you up :)

We've been PvP'ing in 3v3 also. Had some odd results, first time won 9 lost 1, then lost 9 won 1 last thursday, made up for it yesterday by winning 6 losing 1. Must have had an offday last thursday i guess ;) Though we have a theory that its better to pvp on tuesday nights as there are far more 'nab' teams that play and they aren't so cookie cutter (last thursday pretty much all we met were imba combo's, and often the same teams 2-3 times).

Eara finally gets her pvp shield today, and Xan his pvp legs !

Thats about it :)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:48:19 am by Lasiien »

Xan

Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 01:22:55 pm
y Las covered everything, tho its clear to see awakening is a little less uber without their warlock leader atm...

btw i'm starting my vamp game this sunday

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 01:53:05 pm
Cool, grats on Xan and Eko hitting 70th ... again :)

Strange Arena results ...

I should be able to make Sunday, sent Neil a e-mail asking if he is gonna be about, not had a reply yet though ...

Hopefully catch you fellas in a couple of weeks ...

Sax.

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 05:27:58 pm
Thanks, now gearing up and getting my pally attuned.

I also got my new PC yesterday and while it doesn't seem to improve loading much, I do get 60 fps in shatt in now where I previously got 12-15 fps :).

Tested Bioshock as well and it runs and looks great, though it's scary :o.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 06:03:16 pm by eKo »

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 11:44:16 am
Hmm, my pc only runs at about 15 - 20 in Shatt ... can't really afford an upgrade :( <runs off to buy lottery ticket>

Would like to try Bioshock but I have so many solo games I have barely touched ... not even played on my pc since I moved been so busy doing other stuff :)

Internet has been ordered, e.t.a 2 weeks ...

You playing your Shaman for 25 mans and your Pally for 10 mans Eko?

Anyone seen any info on the date of the new patch btw?

Sax.

edit - I was reading awakening forums about problems with raids, is it as bad as it sounds?  I know about the Kara problems and tbh I don't think they should try and blackmail ppl into continually hitting Kara over and over again.  You just have to accept ppl play mostly for fun, but what about the 25 man raids, they are failing frequently?  Ppl still not managing to come to raids with lvl 70 blues?  Also can any of you fill me in with regards Dudlock?  I would like to know if he is any good ...
« Last Edit: October 05, 2007, 12:05:45 pm by Saxif »

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 01:10:50 pm
Hey Sax,

Don't get bioshock anyway, it needs a very meaty PC :) It is a really cool game though, it's what i was playing when i disappeared for a couple of weeks :)

Xanatos's post reflects some of his own personal frustration with regard to the casual nature of awakening at times, he believes we havent moved forward for a couple of months and is correct really. The need for kara raids will always be there, through both alts and new recruits and i dont think we can ever get away from that. Lack of 25 mans is hopefully a blip, but i guess we'll see.

Part of the issue really is as he says in his post, most of the people that the post is aimed at prolly wont even read it.

No clue about dudlock, haven't raided with him.

Las

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 01:59:19 pm
I understand Xanatos, progress has been almost non-existing lately, but on the other hand there's been quite a few new level 70 alts, so there might be more people available for Kara soon. Also it's much easier to rotate dps than to rotate healers and tanks as there are so much more dps'ers.

Personally I'll now try to join Kara with my pally, while going to the 25 man raids with Eara. Still need to gear up though and get sta/hp enchants, but should be ok for early Kara tbh.

New patch will be a long while imo as they are introducing new things to every class.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 02:49:40 pm
I remember hitting Kara when we were still fresh out of non-heroics, it can be done, though is tough if ppl don't pull thier weight.  The later bosses I guess need more co-ordination and better gear ... Hopefully will be able to lvl my Warrior painlessly to 70th with the new patch, assuming I can get enough time, might also bring another class up, though given my lack of alt-ability, that mau be a pipe dream ...

Sax.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: October 09, 2007, 08:51:00 am
Think I am getting the internet this Friday! w00t w00t!!

Sax.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: October 09, 2007, 02:29:47 pm
yay :)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #11 on: October 09, 2007, 02:55:11 pm
Oh noes, the gimp will be back!

PS: Nerf OP locks! ;D

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: October 24, 2007, 04:15:08 pm
Well friday came and went an no gimp ? :) Rumours were circulated that Monday would be the day...but again it came and no gimp returned ?

Come back, Brigh misses you and wants to ask you warlock stuff :)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #13 on: October 25, 2007, 01:43:17 pm
Quick! Hide! The gimp is back! :P

Wb Sax :).

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: October 25, 2007, 02:12:21 pm
Yes but he logged off too early, we had 4 weeks of taunting warlocks to get out of our system.....