Lasiien · 9877

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
on: April 13, 2007, 09:50:44 am
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=94203802&sid=1

Shaodw Priest nerfs qq ! I swear blizzard are following me around !

Looks like a huge patch, still reading most of it

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 10:25:30 am
Bah, I cant even look at it till lunch time cos of our web-blocker ... anything juicy on Warlocks or itemization?

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 10:38:26 am
Theres loads in it, lots of items corrected etc so you'll have to take a loook at lunchtime :)

For locks in general:

Warlocks

* "Amplify Curse": This ability is now consumed correctly by a "Curse of Doom" casting.
    * "Create Healthstone": These abilities will now be sorted in rank order in your spellbook.
    * "Create Spellstone": These abilities will now be sorted in rank order in your spellbook.
    * "Curse of the Elements" and "Curse of Shadow" now have a duration of 2 minutes when used on PvP targets.
    * "Curse of Tongues" now has a 12 second duration when used on PvP targets.
    * "Demonic Knowledge": This ability will now work with enslaved demons.
    * "Enslave Demon": The health bar and mana bar for enslaved demons will no longer appear to go down when they become enslaved.
    * Fixed some data errors that caused "Soul Leech" and "Conflagrate" to generate more threat than intended.
    * "Improved Drain Soul": This talent will no longer trigger when a creature other than the one you are draining dies.
    * "Insignia of the Alliance/Horde" and "Medallion of the Alliance/Horde" now remove "Fear", "Stun" and "Slowing" effects and no longer remove "Charm" and "Polymorph" effects.
    * New art added for "Ritual of Souls" channeling focus and "Soulwell" created by the spell.
    * "Ritual of Souls" no longer consumes a "Soul Shard" when cast in arenas.
    * "Shadowfury" now properly benefits from the Intensity talent.
    * "Spell Lock" (Felhunter) duration reduced to 5 seconds (rank 1) and 6 seconds (rank 2), and cooldown reduced to 24 seconds.
    * "Soulwell" now plays a sound and visual effect when you create a "Healthstone" through using it.
    * "Soul Link": Adjusted tooltip to explain that the damage transferred to the pet cannot be prevented. The functionality remains unchanged. This ability will now work with enslaved demons.
    * "Unholy Power": The tooltip has been corrected to indicate it works with the Imp's "Firebolt".

Xan

Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 11:58:40 am
big patch, some odd changes

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 01:13:56 pm
Have to agree with Xan that there's some weird changes.

Paladin's utility & healing reduced (healing really nerfed) while dps of all trees got slightly increased?

Shaman's Elemental Focus which was actually only changed last patch now nerfed. Instead of giving a free spell which meant you could get out of the FSR, it now only returns 60% mana. The way WF works while dual wielding is now also nerfed.

About every buff & new spells shadow priests got since the TBC talent changes have now been nerfed.

Don't know the other classes as well, so can't really say much about it, but really feels like Blizzard is making some odd changes.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 01:26:13 pm
Seems the Heroic instances ahve for the most part been made slightly easier and have had thier look upgaded slightly.  Making for a more fun and rewarding experiance, seems that the end boss did not always drop epics previously which had we got to it, would have annoyed me somwhat ...

... anyone for heroic?

Sax.

copy and pasted

Sending item links with invalid enchantments will disconnect you.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 01, 2007, 12:47:25 pm
now the tailoring nerf :) just as i re rolled tailor ....

Combined with more shadowpriest nerfs i am not looking forward to this patch.

meh

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 09:38:51 am
Blizz seem to be nerfing quite alot recently, at least there are alot of discussions on it.  From what I remember of other games, nerfing stuff can kill thier product as ppl become very disilusioned with the entire thing ...

Las, I feel bad for you with regards the tailoring nerf :(

Sax.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 10:22:24 am
Well they are nerfing shadow priests yet again, mainly cos locks are too OP ;) Our 15% shadoweaving bonus to shadow dmg gets reduced from 15% to 10%. What's really annoying about it is with TBC we got a new talent, misery, that adds 5% damage to all casters for 5 talent points. So that would be a max buff for ourselves and locks for 20% extra damage, now we are going back to 15%. But it now costs us double the talent points that it did pre-TBC (10 pts instead of 5) :) Friggin stupid

We get a nerf to shadow word death also, which was prolly fair as it was abused a bit in pve, it makes us worse in pvp though as gives us even less burst dmg. Burst dmg and cc seems to be king in pvp at the moment, especially arena pvp, which i find quite amazing since blizz said that TBC pvp would go on longer because of all the extra stamina and that they did not like abilities that took players out of the game/ out of control of their characters :)

As for the tailoring nerf, because of a pretty massive outcry they quickly reversed it. It really does prove though that whining and qq'ing gets results yet again :) I'm obviously not complaining though ;)

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=100430525&sid=1

The changes players have noticed on the public test realms concerning select tailor-crafted items, such as the Spellfire set, will be reverted before the patch is live on production realms.

This means your item sets will remain just as they are now.

Also note, to address the feedback we've been reading this morning concerning the idea of simply ?buffing tier 4 and 5 equivalent slots?, the reason we do not is because improving those 3 slots for tier 4 and 5 would force a change to all other tier 4 and 5 items as well (weapons, melee sets, everything).

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 11:10:07 am
They should buff the tier 4 and 5 imo, it would make the entire experiance better ...

It sucks about your damage buff going from 20% to 15%, I guess I can see how Warlocks figured into the equation ... I certainly hit and crit way harder with you in the grp, though its suprising how many Warlocks don't take advantage of this.  I'd imagine in PvE 2 Warlocks and a Shadow Priest would have awesome dps.

Sax.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 01:40:12 pm
Yeah, but i think they are saying they cba to buff tier 4+5 as its too much work : ) I guess the other problem is blizzards own item budgets, it's clear that blizzard rates +stats allot higher than players do when compared to +damage

And ye, nerfs suck. The worst part is not giving anything back or even reducing the number of talent points we have to invest. Using 10 talent points to get pretty much the same (with some small differences) than it took for 5 talent points pre-TBC just seems really stupid. I think Blizzard has also pretty much nerfed everything that was given to priests since the start of TBC, bar a couple of very situational spells/talents that they keep insisting we really want to use more :)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 02:46:53 pm
I have to say that I'm losing faith in the dev team. They now seem to make easy short term fixes (nerfs) instead of fixing the real underlying problems which would be a long-term solution. Also a lot of 'problems' like the tailoring sets being better than T4/T5 are foreseeable.

And like Las said having everything given to shadowpriests since the TBC talents nerfed, doesn't inspire much confidence either.

And there's the hypocrite situation where they only want to buff Circle of Healing with baby steps (25 more hp healed in 2.1, weeee :p) so it would be a useful lvl 41 talent without being overpowered. Yet they have no problem taking giant steps with nerfing Shadow Word:Death (100% cooldown increase), shaman's Elemental Focus (40% less mana returned on damage crits), Paladin's Illumination (50% less mana returned on healing crits), etc.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #12 on: May 02, 2007, 03:00:52 pm
Hmm, I can see the problems involved in buffing item sets, or increasing a priests healing to be better than a Paladins ... you then have to look at all encounters and rejig them if classes and items are becoming slowly and progressively more powerful ... However ... there is a balance between keeping the players happy and the game running smoothly, I think with some slight tweaks on more important encounters things could be made better for all, instead of have the players of certain classes feeling bitter.  After all when you work your ass of for certain items e.t.c then see your class take a nerf its sort of like wasting your time ...

Sax.

Xan

Reply #13 on: May 02, 2007, 03:03:44 pm
roll on Warhammer online..

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #14 on: May 08, 2007, 04:41:40 pm
Just copied this from a very interesting post on the VNboards which is basically saying that they have made the current raid instances to hard and the quest progression to difficult so that if someone drops out its almost impossible to get a replacement for them ...

-----------

t appears as if Blizzard is just starting to listen to a lot of these complaints now. All raid gear got buffed tonight on the PTR. I gained about 50dmg, 1% crit and some stm just by logging my lock in wearing her current gear. Trash is getting it's hp nerfed. Some bosses have been nerfed. Consumables are now only used in moderation.

As of now my options are ramp up my playtime and go super hardcore (hell no), quit or wait for 2.1 to hopefully fix things. I have high hopes for 2.1, because I know if it doesn't live up to the hype then myself, and most of your other average playtime raiders are going to be done with the game.

-----------

Sax.