• View Profile
Reply #30 on: May 20, 2013, 07:48:14 pm
ouch, nasty eko ! Cya soon :D

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #31 on: May 24, 2013, 05:28:51 pm
Will give this a look myself i think. You guys still playing it? still enjoying it?

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #32 on: May 25, 2013, 09:56:03 pm
Well, what with the long weekend I thought I would give this game a try :)

I have an Elven Guardian fighter currently at 5th lvl, seems fun, will try and make contact in game next :)

PWRLVLN0WPLZZZZ!!!

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 10:00:25 pm
I think my handle is @erekose77 btw.  I'll add you folks :)

Did anyone roll a cleric?  Seems everyone is a Trickster Rogue or a Guardian Fighter?

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #34 on: May 25, 2013, 10:16:38 pm
I've got a level 18 cleric alt. Before you get your companion it's not that easy to solo, afterwards it goes fine (I'm using the Man-at-Arms). Problem is that once you play as rogue, all the other classes feel weak ;).

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #35 on: May 26, 2013, 12:53:13 pm
I tried Cleric to 5th and now Guardian to 8th and I prefer the Guardian, Xan says Wizards are OP though :)

I guess the Rogue is super dps?  The instances seem so fast and frantic that meaningful tanking doesn't seem to exist as I remember it, or am I just out of touch?  Is tanking a 'shout' that make foes focus on you, or do you have to hit critters still to taunt them?

Game seems good overall, will prolly play on and off :)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #36 on: May 26, 2013, 09:33:41 pm
Aggro is more or less broken now, clerics are better add tanks than GF's :P. And since the main boss tactics seem to be 'MOAR ADDS!' it can get silly at times. Only played a GF until level 13 so not sure how their aggro works, but their taunt (like most AoE's) is capped at 5 targets. So I think it's mainly target swapping and hitting mobs to taunt them. From what I've read a conquerer GF does solid dps and with aggro as it is now you might as well go dps I think.

BTW since I swapped out some skills on my cleric (forgot to swap a relatively crappy heal spell for a dps one) levelling goes a lot faster.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #37 on: May 26, 2013, 10:13:28 pm
Cool, I generally didnt enjoy the spamming little ranged attacks with the cleric as much as I like hitting things with my sword!

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 02:41:14 pm
hitting things is fun ;) Welcome guys, glad to see you both, my handle is @lasiien

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #39 on: June 06, 2013, 01:50:01 pm
Well I dinged 60 on my rogue \o/

Thought I'd share a few tips and things I've learned along the way.

* Save your Astral Diamonds. You'll need them at 60 to buy some starter epics off the AH (to save grinding for them). When I hit 60 I had about 125k AD. I spent 50k on the AH and I'm now in full T1 epic gear. Not top gear of course, but not too shabby and more than enough to run endgame dungeons and PvP.

* Train Leadership as a profession and get up to 3 slots soon as you can. Then you can run 3 x the Protect The Caravan missions which gives you a total of 600 Astral Diamonds every 2 hours. There's a longer version (8 hours) which you can run overnight that rewards 400 AD per mission.

* Don't vendor unwanted enchantments. You can Fuse them to upgrade them to the next tier at a 4:1 ratio. They also sell very nicely on the AH, even the low ones. Just don't sell them for copper / silver like this muppet did :/

* You can set the Field Of View to a custom value with the command /gfxsetdefaultfov <number> and bind this to a hotkey so you can set it each session.

* You can access the Auction House, Professions and Mail from a web browser. Very useful. Go to https://gateway.playneverwinter.com/

* Some Auction House search filters are broken in game but actually work on the web browser version (e.g. level, buyout price sorting etc). I found it easier to do my AH shopping in the web browser, even when logged into the game.

* Gold is mostly useless once you've bought your mount and perhaps an extra companion. You will need some gold for injury kits if you die a lot, but other than that it doesn't help much. Astral Diamonds is the main currency.

* Don't bother too much about collecting the various reputation insignias and tokens as you level. You'll never collect enough to actually buy anything useful before you outlevel it anyway (why does every MMO always make this basic mistake?). You can however pass them to alts via the mail.

* You can't mail gold to alts, but you can mail gear, mounts, enhancements, tokens etc. Just compose a message with @yourhandle and send it and all your characters on the account can read it. Useful way to store junk too, though I wouldn't put anything important there in case there's some kind of mail crash.

* Rogues are due a firm whack with the nerfbat - don't forget, you read it here first ;)

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #40 on: June 06, 2013, 02:39:56 pm
Congrats Cern :)

I've not much time to play at the moment but I'm taking full advantage of being able to log into the portal and level my professions - even a low level can unlock additional slots, it might say reach level 30 but it also unlocks when a profession reaches level 3 as well.

I've concentrated on Leadership as I'm leveling faster than I can make items from the others

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #41 on: June 08, 2013, 02:51:43 pm
Grats Cern! :)

I was looking for the online AH but couldn't find it, so cheers for the linky!

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #42 on: June 10, 2013, 06:11:05 pm
grats cern ! :) Thanks also for the tips, very useful

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #43 on: June 11, 2013, 08:39:14 am
just a note - if you use the portal to level leadership and gather AD's then don't collect the result online (your AD's won't appear on your character), log into the game and collect the results.

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #44 on: June 11, 2013, 12:05:27 pm
just a note - if you use the portal to level leadership and gather AD's then don't collect the result online (your AD's won't appear on your character), log into the game and collect the results.

Thanks Brigh. I had noticed this happen once or twice and wasn't sure if it was something I'd done wrong. It does work properly sometimes too and I have had diamonds waiting when I logged in. Seems to be a random bug, but best to log into the game to collect stuff to be sure.