Game of Thrones

xann · 3911

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
on: June 14, 2011, 04:18:23 pm
Anyone watching this HBO series? its being shown on Sky Atlantic atm.

Or have you read the Books?

Its a very grand, sprawling fantasy setting, lots of intrigue and Heraldry etc. I haven't read the books, but am enjoying the series.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 05:03:52 pm
Nope, not got sky :) Trailers looked good though

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 09:36:25 pm
Yep, been watching. I've not read the books but have really enjoyed the series so far. Very good acting, great characters (especially Tyrion), epic settings and the plot has plenty of twists. Can't wait for the finale next week. I hear they've commissioned a second series already, which I assume will tackle the next book in the series.

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 11:54:46 am
heyas,
read the books (not all, actually im in middle in 2nd tome, hehe), re-read (when ya read it u often look at the family trees, there is such an amount of characters involved, hehe) then last year when i heard the serie was out soon and watching :)
aintgot Sky nor HBO who shows in on polish sattelite, but shamelessly sucking it up from the net every Sunday when an episode in US is released
I remember some years ago when a friend told me to read the book saying it's better than Tolkien, hehe
I loved the world and the characters, grabb the books :)
I know a game is also planned out this year, RTS type.
Also read that Martin is planning to visit yearly SF & Fantasy convent in Poland, not sure when it is exactly, but he's one of few guys I'd rly love to got my books signed by :)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: June 21, 2011, 09:41:22 pm
Quite some ending to the series, totally leaves you wanting more. Trouble is, whilst next series is commissioned, it's a minimum of 1 year away :( Think I'll have to read the books.

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #5 on: September 19, 2011, 08:38:16 pm
next week an RTS game is released :)
not a big fan anymore of those type of games, but since I love the lore, might be an idea to have a look at it :)