21 Messy 1 Messi

Cernos · 8266

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
on: April 27, 2011, 09:52:44 pm
Just watched the Real Barca game. Not a great advert for the game overall, more like a festival of diving. But Messi's two goals were stunning, especially the second one.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 01:16:36 pm
Terrible advert for football huh ? I was pretty disgusted and I think Real set out to ruin the game as well anyway. Having said that you're right, Maradona eat your heart out on that 2nd goal ! :)

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:35:19 pm
hey hey folks
i was absolutely disgusted by the festival of bad acting, forcing ref on cards decision, cheating and brutal play, omg rly
Messi saved it for me, almost as good as Diego's one vs cough.. England in 1986 (1st one hihi) :)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 07:08:42 pm
All the talk about the diving reminded me of that great advert in 2004 for the guardian - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRO626ImQek

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 07:55:42 pm
lol, sure theres been a few adverts like that, although i'm positive some players do train at diving irl ;)

As for the game, it was horrible, but expected i think.

I still hope Real win anyway, the more success Jose gets in Europe just rubs in the face of Abramovich :D

PS. i'm starting to go off Football... having a nervous breakdown every weekend watching Leeds throw it away is getting to me... :(

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 12:40:28 pm
You've had a great season though surely? Didn't you only get promoted last year? Not bad if you're already challenging for a playoff spot!

Although forest really pulled it out of the bag yesterday so I doubt you'll manage it. Reading made it (again) so hoping this year we might manage to get through ! :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #6 on: May 04, 2011, 07:12:02 pm
yeah good season, just not as good as Norwich who also got promoted last season :P

Champions League. I have a real feeling (and desire) that Barca are gonna destory Man U in the final!

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:05:08 pm
hey hey guys :)
u prolly dunno, but im a complete footie freak, part of the deal is i collect scarfs.
so Lass, ur team is Reading?:)
and u Xann, Leeds?
i got Leeds scarf, cant recall now how i got my hands on it, but hmm, one of the rules i always get them myself from places i visit, or from ppl coming from the places, and that one, hem, need make someday a proper inventory, which one, how and when... got over 100 scarfs hehe...

as british footie goes, i support the Gunners, same as Cern, kind of sentimental following of Arsene Wenger since he was coaching Monaco.
i would never think I would say this, but I seriously hope MU will kick Barca asses, and badly.
im disgusted by the antifootball both Real and Barca showed in their semi games. Awful!!
so ye, without slightest bad feel ill enjoy MU winning heh :)

and in 1,5 week going to Dublin for EL Final, happy rly, my 2nd in a row. IMO the UEFA cup kept some of the old cups spirit, enjoying it overall way much than CL richies cup

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 07:29:55 pm
Hey Shi :)

Yer, i support Reading though I don't live there anymore (moved about 2 years ago) so rarely get to see them now and can't even listen on local radio anymore ! :)

I am still hoping Arsenal might be able to sneak the premiership as they are my favourite out of the top 5-6 teams, I always liked the positive style of football and the fact that it's a well run club without some massive multi millionaire benefactor. Though it's looking pretty unlikely as Arsenal blew it in the last few weeks really :(

I would like to see a great game for the CL final and not a cagey afair like it usually is. But gotta agree with Xan really, and I think Barca deserve it. For the RM v Barca game whilst Barca played their part in the negativity most of it was caused by RM I think, especially the way they played!

Have fun at the EL final ! :)

Las

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #9 on: May 07, 2011, 11:08:16 am
tbh Man u could play the Nazis and i'd be goose steping to the stadium ;)

And Shi, theres only 1 british football team you need to support or know about! :D

While Leeds are where they are, i usualy prefer Arsenal to win over any of the other "big" clubs.

Man u = n'uff said
Liverpool = annoying anthem
Chelsea = John Terry, Ashley Cole etc
Spurs = Redknapp the wheeler dealer... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJBsI7RAuvk
Man c = meh

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #10 on: May 18, 2011, 06:45:12 pm
woot ! gogo Reading :)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #11 on: May 19, 2011, 12:23:17 am
woot ! gogo Reading :)

Fingers crossed, will be cheering for 'em.

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #12 on: May 28, 2011, 01:14:07 pm
Prediction - Barca 4-0 Man U

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #13 on: May 28, 2011, 02:51:37 pm
heh :) I predict Man U will try to bore their way to victory !

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #14 on: May 31, 2011, 06:44:59 pm
bad luck Reading. Thought it was over at 1/2 time, then thought they would win at 60mins or so.