xann · 12886

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #15 on: June 09, 2011, 04:50:52 pm
Got SC2, but didn't really get into it, never even finished the single player campaign. The RTS genre somehow doesn't appeal to me so much, I never finished the original SC or WC3 either.

The Witcher 2 is great, looks awesome and just plays great. Combat is challenging: it's rather difficult without feeling truely impossible. It also is and isn't like the first Witcher game: combat is different now (left click for fast swing, right click for slow swing, double tap movement keys to roll away, ...), but the whole atmosphere is still the same, it's still a dark & rather adult game.

Apart from SW:TOR & The Secret World there's no MMO's that appeal to me.

Duke Nukem Forever on the one hand looks like some fun over-the-top action (at least when watching the trailer), but I'm not sure I want to pay full price for it.

Have to get Infamous 2 still as I liked the first game, also Portal 2 (for the PS3 as it included the PC version iirc) and was contemplating LA Noire. Too many games, too little time! New Deus Ex title is also out in August + Uncharted 3 and Batman: Arkham City are also due this year.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: June 09, 2011, 05:52:02 pm
Portal 2 was awesome, really funny as well. Highly recommended! Forgot about that as i completed it a few weeks ago.

Let me know what you make of infamous 2, my hesitation is although I liked the1st one it did get kinda repetitive after a while.

Steer clear of LA Noire imo, it's GTA with some detective stuff thrown in that either you cant really fail at or you were supposed to spot something totally obscure. Didn't really work for me, I think Heavy Rain was much better in this sorta style.

And cmon gotta buy duke even if it sucks ! 'Mess with the best, die like the rest!' :D

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #17 on: June 09, 2011, 09:59:25 pm
I wanna play Portal 2 at some point. I never bothered with Dragon Age 2 after reading some reviews, seems like they steered away from what i enjoyed in DA:O... Yup looking foward to Batman! L.A Noire didn't intrest me much. Never played the first Witcher, but do like a good RPG so i might take a look at the second.

I may get Duke actully, love shooters and might go for an OTT one after playing the very cerebral Crysis 2, which was very good imo.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #18 on: June 09, 2011, 11:11:02 pm
FPS games usually give me motion sickness, so it would be Duke Pukem for me (sorry couldn't resist) :)

Shi

• Chief Nooplet
  • Ravens Officer
  • Lil' Mouf
  • Napping FTW~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #19 on: June 10, 2011, 09:34:04 am
i recently discovered Portal (nr1) :)
the idea is really awasome, but i think i need get used to some way of thinking, after going smoothly through several challenges i got stuck with some flying in the air room, i miss space orientation , not getting dizzy as Cern hehe, love shooters, but this one, after trying the room for 20th time i had to switch it off since it was driving me mad :) hehe

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #20 on: June 10, 2011, 11:10:19 am
Dunno Las, while I do like some immature, over the top action games like Bayonetta (which is bloody hard) or No More Heroes (PS3 version is out now, but I played it on the Wii), somehow DNF doesn't have instant appeal. I'll wait a bit on reviews to see whether I'll buy it now or later. But I also want to play Assassin's Creed 2: Brotherhood sometime and waiting the GOTY edition of Fallout: New Vegas so I can get all the DLC along with the game.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #21 on: June 10, 2011, 01:58:12 pm
Xan - what was Crysis 2 like ? Missed that one out as I thought it would also blow up my pc !

Cern - groan :)

Shi - that's the point, you spend an hour trying to figure out a puzzle, then next time you play you solve it instantly and realise how dumb you were ! :D

eko - yeah true, the gfx is dated and the gameplay old fashioned, but still.... i loved duke in the 90's ! :) Fallout new vegas was good imo, but I didn't finish it. It felt a bit too much like playing fallout 3 really, the stuff they added is nice but it's like an expansion for that game rather than something new.

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: June 11, 2011, 04:04:29 pm
Its a very good game. Its a linear FPS, but gives you lots of different ways to approch the enemy. Good story, great gfx (ran it ok on High settings, crashed instanly on Ultra:P)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: June 13, 2011, 04:53:59 pm
Doubt I could run it on high even :) My computer would blow up I suspect. Keep toying with buying a new one but seems to me there are very few games that really take advantage of a high spec PC these days :/

eko - you were right, DNF is like a crappy voyage back in time, the GFX really do seem so old :) Ganmeplay is old too, but kinda fun though, not sure I'll complete it however !
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 05:31:03 pm by Lasiien »

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #24 on: June 13, 2011, 08:55:39 pm
Yeah, since you kept insisting I got it after all, but while it is rather entertaining, it's not exactly great. It's not bad either, just a case of been there, done that and the story ... well didn't play D3D for the story either tbh :P.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: June 13, 2011, 10:52:32 pm
lol sorry eko :D

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 07:56:06 am
No harm done, I downloaded it to see if it was worth buying (it's not) :P.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 01:16:54 pm
ahh nice :) Yep it's certainly not worth full price. Though they seemed to have made a mint on it anyway!