Templates Thread

Cernos · 15193

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #15 on: February 01, 2010, 02:47:40 pm
Nice one Cern - is this something you can SC yet or do you need to raise your skill?

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #16 on: February 01, 2010, 03:04:32 pm
Need to raise skill but will try and get that done in next day or two.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #17 on: February 01, 2010, 03:08:11 pm
Ok - no great rush - got CL4 last night so a few more nights to get CL5 and my weapon anyway - just going to run that SH quest, I think it works out as about 13 times to get a full level but you will also get 1.7 plat in reward so not to shabby :)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #18 on: February 08, 2010, 10:00:23 pm
Do you both use Korsts SC calc + Ethinargs database for doing Templates?

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #19 on: February 08, 2010, 10:15:32 pm
Yep

Sax.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 09:16:51 am

Sax.

Kinda - I just made loads of rubbish templates until Cern took pity on me and created one :)

Thanks once again Cern :D

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #21 on: February 09, 2010, 02:06:01 pm
What I dont understand and feel a little uncomfortable with is the fact that the board needs a server admin to accept all account applications.  Why doesn't Korts have that data base built in?

Sax.

edit - Waiting to get my account activated ... gnnnn gnniiii (recognize that from anyone?)

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: February 09, 2010, 03:11:08 pm
What I dont understand and feel a little uncomfortable with is the fact that the board needs a server admin to accept all account applications.  Why doesn't Korts have that data base built in?

Sax.

edit - Waiting to get my account activated ... gnnnn gnniiii (recognize that from anyone?)

Well Korts can use any database not just Ethinargs. But you can make Kort's have the Ethinarg database built in. Just download the Zip files from Ethinargs. You don't even need an account to do this. Go to http://www.ethinarg.com/index.php and click on the downloads link. You should see files called hib_complete.zip etc. Download these. Unzip the Hib one and you'll get a folder called Hibernia with lots of sub folders. Move this into wherever you set Kort's up to run its database from. If you haven't done this, fire up Kort's and go to the File menu and choose Item Database Path. Select where and say yes when it asks if you want to create folders. Merge your recently downloaded folder with this one (just copy the Hibernia folder over the Kort's one).  

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 02:00:04 pm
If you are using Ethinarg's DB, take care because I've just noticed some of the Sheeroe jewelry items now bought for dragon scales in TNN are not updated with the new (and enhanced) versions.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #24 on: February 10, 2010, 05:22:11 pm
Thats crap, have you tried Gearbunny?  If so is it any good?

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #25 on: February 10, 2010, 06:35:54 pm
Not looked at gearbunny. Korts + Ethinargs is fine. Just double check the newer items (you can always ammend the stats in Korts and just re-save the item). At the end of the day you're driven by what's affordable on the housing merchants anyway. 

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: February 10, 2010, 06:41:56 pm
Here's my approach to building a template:

1) What jewelry do I already have or are affordable on the merchants that boost 'exotic' bonuses (things like casting/melee speed, stat caps, power pool, heal bonus, style damage etc). Put these into Korts. Usually you can already get a feel for how things are going.
2) How many pieces of Dragonslayer do I want to use? The Dragonslayer chest is usually very nice. Other items may or may not suit your template. Two tends to be a good number and keeps farming down.
3) Do I need Dragonsworn crafted armour with the extra slots? Do the extra slots actually help my template? Usually yes.
4) Do I want to use the CL5 weapon? Usually yes.
5) Can I now make a balanced template by SC'ing the crafted parts? Usually no, unless you're lucky. So then it's time to juggle the jewerly and make some choices about what 'exotic' bonuses you'll have to sacrifice to make way for more mundane stuff.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #27 on: February 10, 2010, 06:45:13 pm
Here's my approach to building a template:

1) What jewelry do I already have or can afford on the merchants that boost 'exotic' bonuses (things like casting/melee speed, stat caps, power pool, heal bonus, style damage etc). Put these into Korts. Usually you can already get a feel for how things are going.
2) How many pieces of Dragonslayer do I want to use? The Dragonslayer chest is usually very nice. Other items may or may not suit your template. Two tends to be a good number and keeps farming down.
3) Do I need Dragonsworn crafted armour with the extra slots? Do the extra slots actually help my template? Usually yes.
4) Do I want to use the CL5 weapon? Usually yes.
5) Can I now make a balanced template by SC'ing the crafted parts? Usually no, unless you're lucky. So then it's time to juggle the jewelry and make some choices about what 'exotic' bonuses you'll have to sacrifice to make way for more mundane stuff.

Note: I usually don't buy any items on housing until I'm sure they'll work in my template (unless they are a real bargain and might get snapped up).