EU Character transfer confirmed

Saxif · 20485

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #30 on: March 25, 2010, 02:01:30 pm
Yep I'm sure they've had their hands full trying to sort out the EU situation. The free month should have been extended until the transfer is sorted out. But I guess they couldn't extend the free month because French and German players are already up and running on their destination servers. It's only the English language EU players which are currently orphaned. But that's still a sizeable number of players that are in limbo.

I think you're right about the possibility for elitism. Before the whole EU transfer thing NFD were pretty accommodating with group setup and running with rusty players or freshly dinged toons. But once they have access to their old high realm rank toons and old setups, I get the feeling everything will change and become much more hardcore. It's understandable but at the same time frustrating.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #31 on: March 25, 2010, 08:50:20 pm
To do with sharing the same names.

More.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
When we originally transferred to ywain , duplicate names had a number attached to them for a while then we had to change the name , Qqnametaken111 etc....

Ive got some of the same names on ywain as i do on dyvet , im hoping if i delete them that they will become available. Last time i deleted my skald and tried to use the name on another char and it wouldnt let me , but it would let me use it on remaking the skald.

That is because the toon isn't deleted until you overwrite the slot.

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #32 on: March 25, 2010, 10:23:18 pm
Thanks for that. Yep, you need to re-use the slot, any temporary name will do, and this will free the name and make it available again.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #33 on: April 25, 2010, 03:33:18 pm
EU xfers are happening on Tuesday.

http://www.camelotherald.com/news/index.php

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>