The Push to 50th

Saxif · 18027

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 03:23:15 pm
I should be able to log on most evenings after about 8.30/9pm. If Im not on and you don't fancy the bashing things route to xps, do the quests in the Underground Forest. There's quite a few, especially if you do the follow ups. Most are within the forest itself, a few take you to adjacent zones. They can all be solo'd easily. They involve a bit of running about (so grab Hastener speed) but it's well worth it. There's over a level of xps if you do all of them and it'll take much less time than grinding that level. When we hit 47-48 there's some repeatable quests in Innis and Shrouded Isles we can do for big chunks of xps too. The main one is "Lost Seeds" and it rewards some very nice jewelry items. There's also a few ToA quests that reward nice items and decent xps, will try and look them up.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 03:42:34 pm
Sounds pretty cool.  I found a very simple quest in Innis that I think is lvl 45, it involves killing a yellow mob, going back to Innis then going to Sheeroe and Tailtu, you get about 8% xp from it.  I was also bashing some spectral mobs in the frontiers that drop xp items, each items nets about 220million xp, I got maybe 5 items in 30 mins and the mobs themselves give great xp, they are yllw/oj to 45th.

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #17 on: January 18, 2010, 07:14:25 pm
Sounds good, might go to Innis and have a look around.

Talking about XP items you can check this site out http://roclar.net/DAoC/XPDrops.php - its great for finding kill tasks

Brigh :D

Kilgour LVL 80 Gnome Rogue WOW
Kilgour LVL 70 BE Warlock WOW
Brigheiss LVL 70 Orc Warrior WOW
Brigh BR23 CR2 NC Planetside Gemini
Brigh BR26 CR3 TR Planetside Werner

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #18 on: January 19, 2010, 03:29:53 pm
Might not be on for a couple of nights but I should be alright as I plan to use my last free level at level 47 as I believe from Cern you can't use it any later than that. It would also mean I'm rested so should help with the grind from 48 to 50.

I've managed to get my Skald to 39 btw if anyone has any Molvik char on Mid and also got a Wizard to 24 so I can join the Alb Zerg in Thid!

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #19 on: January 20, 2010, 01:01:15 pm
I didn't know that about the free lvl.  I think I get my next one tomorrow night, so I'll be in the 47th zone then, so hopefully no probs there!

I have a 24th lvl Thane on Midgard, will prolly get Djem to 50th and geared before I look at doing anything on another realm, but I could defo push him to 39th in due course :) Though I think I wanna try a Shaman now, those aoe dots really draw me in!

I am still gonna be on tonight, prolly from 7 or 8ish.

Cern I have a present for you btw.  I killed Furor in the Frontiers the other day and got the appropriate potion, will get him stuffed and mounted and you can display him in your house :)

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #20 on: January 20, 2010, 04:48:30 pm
Nice one, my house is a bit devoid of decoration, though a floor standing skeleton might make the place look like a biology lab :)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #21 on: January 23, 2010, 03:03:45 am
Brigh we had a look at the Sheeroe quests last ngiht and although it takes about 1 and a 1/4 hours of running around you get about 60% of lvl 49 xp from it.  They are well worth doing and will finish with some items rewards after going to sheeroe.  You need to kill some mobs that are basicaly directly north of the exit from Drum Ligen, there are 4 but you can pull them solo and Cern made very short work of the one we pulled.

Good luck,

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #22 on: January 23, 2010, 04:23:43 am
Also look out for the Cleansing The Light quest from Master Lucyn in Ardee. Takes you to Bog of Cullen to kill 10 wisps which are blue to level 49. They are located in NE corner of Bog of Cullen, so a bit of travel involved, but the quest gives a bub of xps at 49 and is *repeatable*. If you set your hearth to either ardee or innis would speed things up.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 01:52:38 pm
Cheers Guys, will have a look at them today, not on tonight but will try and get some quests done before I go out.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 05:06:38 pm
Right did those quests in innis, there is repeatable quest called stealing suppliers which gives you 1.2 bubs and 100+ gold a time - takes about 10 mins a run and I did it 5 times and didn't kill a thing! had to run away a couple of times as the mobs were hostile to me.

I've made level 50 and activated my champ levels but that is it.

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 09:59:38 am
Got to CL2 last night just doing the repeatable supply quest in SH - takes about 10-15 minutes a run and gives 2400 CL xp and 135 gold a turn-in

I've found no other easy solo way to get money and CL at the same time - it does get a bit boring after a while but guess it serves 2 purposes (getting the CL5 weapon and improving my bank balance)

What is the plan next as I feel like I want to do something, from what I believe is that you can buy ML levels with Bounty Points which can be gotton from RvR or brought from other people?

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #26 on: January 26, 2010, 12:49:45 pm
Yep ML credits can be bought with bounty points. Same goes for artifact credits I believe (though these still need to be levelled in PVE/RvR). CL xps can also be gained in RvR. So we just need to get out there. Which means just getting geared up to a point where we're competitive. Doesn't have to be a top template, just primary stats for your class capped, +hits boosted as much as possible and resists to a decent level (20%+ if capping isn't possible yet). Things like +casting/melee speed and cap increases are things to worry about later.

I'm thinking that with a combination of drops bought from housing, dragonsworn armour from sheeroe and crafted/SC'd gear to fill in the gaps should get us there. MY plan is to try and combine 1 or 2 "labyrinth" items with 1 or 2 dragonsworn items froms scales and then SC 1 or 2 other pieces to fill in any gaps.

Look out for things like "granite bracer", "golden bracer", anything "of the zephyr", anything "of thunder", "cyclone", "dealrach", "darkspire" or "labyrinth" going cheap as they are usually nice items for building templates around.

Id like to get Sheeroe sorted out in the next few days. Finish those quests (assuming we even need to do them in order to be eligible for dragonsworn gear, things got changed last patch and faction beyond neutral may no longer be necessary ... we need to check, someone in guild or advice channel should know).

Brigh

• Ravens Officer
  • Big Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #27 on: January 26, 2010, 12:52:24 pm
I'm glad someone knows the answers :)

I think one of those SH quests gives something like 600+g as a reward and all 3 of them give 2400+ CL xp so that is about 3 bubs

Lets go kill some Albs/Mids (or find someone to sell us some BP's lol)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #28 on: January 26, 2010, 01:33:41 pm
I have done a little RvR and a good template will get you no-where without a good group, it gets pretty zergy at busy times.  Did a keep take and if you have keys keeps 'drop' Atlantean Glass and other stuff.

I am not on tonight, prolly not on tomorrow but I should be on Thursday (but I know Brigh isn't), then I am away from Friday till Saturday snowboarding :)

This obviously means that the next time we are all on is going to be nearly 2 weeks :(  You guys should go ahead and do those quests if you get bored though, maybe I can badger one  of you to run through them with me also afterwards :)

Sax.

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #29 on: January 26, 2010, 02:41:02 pm
Yep, get hit by the zerg or an assist train and the best template in the world won't make a scrap of difference. But I'm guessing the plan is for us to be able to run with the guild as much as possible, so having a decent template (I stress decent, rather than uber) helps with not being rezz fodder.