World of Warcraft:Cataclysm

xann · 53826

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #105 on: July 01, 2010, 05:12:10 pm
Xans playing again, so does that means rogues are OP again ? ;)

Nice to see your still raiding eko, amazed you've stuck with it ! How far away from the litch king are you then ?

Not tempted to get the new expac myself, still trying to stay away from MMO's tbh (though I will be tested when the old republic comes out!)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #106 on: July 02, 2010, 10:11:31 am
i'm playing my Warrior :P ... and Rogues have always been OP ;)

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #107 on: July 02, 2010, 04:27:09 pm
We just started on the Lich King, but it's a fight with 3 phases & also phase transitions, so it'll take some time :P. First phase is easy really and the transition isn't too hard, but phase 2 is silly: LK is tanked in the middle while you have Valkyrs spawning on people and dragging them off to be dropped from a cliff and there's black spots that grow bigger every time someone stands in it and they can cover the whole platform extremely fast. Haven't seen phase 3 yet ;D.

Isn't the Star Wars MMO still ways off? Looks kinda nice though the classes seem to be the standard fare. On the other hand it's a BioWare game, so you can be sure it will have their attention to detail.
Finally replayed ME2 with my imported char and it's even more fun that way, lots of neat little touches from the first game that creep in: some people you meet again, others send you mails on how they're doing now it's nicely done really. Still find the game rather easy so might try a higher difficulty sometime, but got enough games to pay still. Got Valkyria Chronicles finally and it's really nice and not very easy either. Still have FFXII to finish as well as Red Dead Redemption, so I'll be busy for a while.

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #108 on: July 02, 2010, 05:18:05 pm
Amazing how many times they use the 'don't stand in the black spot' trick.... and it still wokrs every tiime :)

Not been keeping up with the development of the old republic so no idea on release, but yeah it's the bioware bit that really tempts me as I reckon they'll do an awesome MMO.

Valkyria Chronicles is still one of my favourite games on the ps3, really original mix of all sorts of genres, but yeah also quite unforgiving (you can spend a good hour on a battle and then lose it all in one turn ! yet strangely i don't find this annoying as if i made tactical mistakes the AI really should punish me !)

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #109 on: July 08, 2010, 11:05:27 pm
I only just read that EA merged Mythic and Bioware, not so sure about the old republic now........ :)

I see also that GOA lost the WAR contract!

Cernos

• Space Hamster
  • Administrator
  • Huge Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #110 on: July 09, 2010, 12:43:28 am
Keep up! ;)

I only just read that EA merged Mythic and Bioware, not so sure about the old republic now........ :)

I see also that GOA lost the WAR contract!

eKo

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #111 on: July 09, 2010, 08:10:57 am
Are you sure you even played ME2? The EA logo is shown and Mythic was taken over ages ago. You do know we're in the year 2010? :P

Katsui :: Huldra :: Blades/Assault Rifle
Spookks :: Huldra :: Pistols/Elementalism

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #112 on: July 09, 2010, 02:32:13 pm
hehe, well ofc I knew Mythic were bought by EA. And I also knew they bought Bioware. But didn't know they had merged the individual Mythic and Bioware teams, that was news to me! makes me think the old republic might stink if Mythic designers get their hands on it.

Did everyone else know GOA lost the WAr contract? Again news to me :)