Saxif · 25710

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #45 on: April 02, 2009, 10:33:29 am
I think +xp's are good.  If your not Agressive you get 3 xp's for a Barrcks, then say 2 for vassalage and 2 for Theocracy and if your going to war 2 in 1 city for a Great General, so all your units are starting with 9 xp's which is 1 fight away from 3 promotions, settle a 2nd GG and your gonna be in a good place for warfare.  If your Agressive this is even better because you start with a free promo.

I am suprised you can run Police State before heridatary Rule tbh, I always need the + :) from miloltary units!

sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #46 on: April 02, 2009, 05:30:22 pm
I know what ya mean actually, +xp point civics r not the most useful but can give you an advantage, especially if your spiritual and able to switch back and forth.  On the war front I thought of a tip I found out about the hard way!!  When fighting someone about equal to you, always have 3 or 4 City Defenders in your stack, so when you finally sack that stubborn city, you'll have a few units which can effectively defend it and ideally you'll need them to be at lvl 3 City Defense.  I destroyed a primary stack of Alexanders which was defending a city once and his secondary stack came along and crippled my primary stack, I reloaded, stuck a few City Defenders in there and generally made my stack larger and he didn't attack.  I also pulled everything out of that city and moved to a hill, he retook the city, which now had 0 cultural defense and I went from the hill back into the city, denying his stack any kind of cover bonus and no fortification bonus.

Sax.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #47 on: April 18, 2009, 07:46:22 pm
I know its a boast but just managed to win my first Monarch lvl game! :)

Conquered my land mass, killed the Egyptians and forced the Romans and the Babylonians to capitulate, couldn't take on the other land mass cos Kublai Khan went mental on his military so ended up with a Space Race victory.  Need a break now though, feel a bit civved out, won't start another game for at least 24 hrs ;p

Sax.

edit - I found this mod, seem pretty good.  Helps with game play, improves the interface and stuff.  I have not tried it yet but will use it for my next game.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=274636

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #48 on: April 20, 2009, 07:56:03 pm
nice one sax :)

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #49 on: May 20, 2009, 09:50:06 pm
Hey Xan,

I managed a Conquest Victory!!  It's a "vassalize the continent but stay under the domination threshold victory" type thing and the end scene is pretty cool.  At one point I had to pay Shaka to stop beating up on Washington cos I didn't want Shaka making Washington his vassal, worked out well in the end, Washington asked to become my Vassal then the two of us Ragnar and Ramasses went medieval on Shaka  ;D

Sax.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #50 on: May 20, 2009, 10:05:14 pm
hehe nice diplomacy skills :)

xann

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
Reply #51 on: May 22, 2009, 01:26:06 pm
grats ;) was that on Monarch or Prince?

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #52 on: May 22, 2009, 04:43:54 pm
Prince, though it seems easy on prince I keep getting owned on Monarch.

Sax.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #53 on: July 31, 2009, 08:26:54 pm
Managed to win again on Monarch after God knows how many attempts!  Played Julius Caesar a very overpowered leader, used his Praetorians to get an early lead by taking out the Native Americans and anyone who has played against Sitting Bull knows how tough his city defenders are but Praetorians did the job!  Ended the game with 35 cities and both a Domination and Diplomatic Win!! ;p

The game did take 23 hours and 54 mins though :(

Sax.

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #54 on: August 01, 2009, 07:16:19 am
hehe nice, i really can't play on Monarch as i just get a total kicking ..... but how can you win two different types of victories ? Used an old saved game to replay ?

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #55 on: August 01, 2009, 12:53:30 pm
Nope, the vote for a Religous Diplomatic Win came up the turn before I managed to get Pacal and Jao to capitulate, so I scored both a Diplo and Domination, though it gave me the Domination end sequance.  I also had forced all the AI players to capitulate except Sitting Bull who died, so I kinda score it as a Conquest as well ;p

Sax.