Darkly · 3788

Darkly

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
on: October 29, 2008, 09:40:58 pm
Hey folks,

Hope you're all doing well :) Been keeping an eye on the board here and there, sounds like WAR is going down pretty well. Hel and myself are feeling the itch to get back into an MMORPG, so we may be around soon-ish...

But as I think Las has said (possibly!) at the moment I've been working hard on getting my book promoted and stuff. Hence I have the perfect post for the spam section - an unashamed plug for my humorous nostalgia tome called "The Crap Old Days" (ahem).

Those of you who have partied with me will doubtless be familiar with my sense of humour, and won't buy it, but the rest of you I might be able to hoodwink into believing I'm actually funny. I am, really. Honest.

Anyhoo. It's basically taking the piss out of the past, rather than the usual nostalgia book which is all rose tinted specs and so forth. If you'd like to read some of it, there are some extracts from the book up here:

http://www.thecrapolddays.com/?page_id=73

Right. Plug over. You can all go back to buffing yourselves, defending keeps and polishing your helmets.

See you sooner rather than later, hopefully, work and stuff permitting,
Darkly.

Saxif

• Chief Navigator
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2008, 10:27:34 am
Polishing helmets ... fnar fnar

I'll defo check it out, grats on writing a book Darkly, thats a pretty awesome endeavour :)

Sax.

<Currently thinking of something amazing to write ...>

Lasiien

• Ravens Member
  • Ravens Officer
  • Da Post Farmer
    • View Profile
Reply #2 on: October 30, 2008, 11:04:04 am
Yep, i'd been telling people you had a book coming out :) Hope to see ya in game soon :)

Darkly

• Ravens Member
  • Loud Mouf
    • View Profile
    • Email
Reply #3 on: November 03, 2008, 08:38:58 pm
Cheers bro.

And ta Sax, yep was great fun writing it. Bit more of a headache getting it published (understatement of the year), but it happened in the end :)